Monday, October 20, 2014

My Sisters the Saints


A Spiritual Memoir

By Colleen Carroll Campbell

This spiritual memoir is powerful. The author draws the reader in with its very human journey. The challenges she faces are very relatable. As she is dealing with illness and loss, relationships, the draw of motherhood, career issues, and more, she is also trying to find her place in the world.   

Ultimately, she turns to her Catholic roots to help sort it all out. Reconnecting with women saints at critical junctures along the way, the author finds a sense of sisterhood. She realizes these very human women faced similar challenges. Each saint struggled with spirituality in a harsh human world, too. Reading the words from their personal journey, she is able to draw inspiration and strength for her own. 

This beautiful memoir reads easily and quickly, but leaves you feeling fulfilled. As a woman who was raised Southern Baptist and converted to Catholicism, I could relate to her spiritual journey. This is an important book that I will read again and again. 

6 comments:

  1. this is definitely one I think I could really enjoy and relate to. I love reading about how other women journey in their spiritual walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound like a very interesting book to have in my library. I have read many Saints book and they indeed all struggled in their spiritual journey including Mother Theresa.

    A great review.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that seems to be an unusual conversion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds quite good and the kind of book I like to read. I am always looking for answers through spirituality. Thanks for the review. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dat be vewy nice. Hav a pawsum day.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete