Thursday, January 15, 2015

Captured Moments

Due to persistent, painfully slow computer issues, I am linking up late to Coffee Chat. The computer is still not up to speed, but I am also persistent in trying to keep up with things. Well, I am trying.

This week, over at Time Out for Mom we are asked by Les, our wonderful Coffee Chat hostess, “What is the last thing you took a picture of, and why did you capture this?”

I am always taking pictures, though most are just for my own enjoyment. I try to capture things that mean something to me, even if no one else ever sees them. I love to take pictures of things that seem out of place, or unusual. I can sometimes use these pictures with my writing, such as on my blog.

However, I also like to take pictures of my critters. I have files of these wonderful pictures, and many are very old. I know in my heart that I do this to try to freeze frame the moments that I have with each critter. No matter how long I have with each one it is never long enough. So, I try to capture moments that are meaningful to me, memories that cannot be recreated.

The most recent pictures that I have taken are of Maggie and Chloe Jo. They are in the bay window, each is in their own bed, but still very much together. Even those they are so very different, these two are very close. Maggie loves to nurture, and Chloe Jo loves to be nurtured. These moments are special, at least to us.




Linked to:

15 comments:

  1. Maggie's so cute with the legs all stretech out in front of her. What is there about those animals paws that is so enticing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cat feet, especially polydactyl ones. Those huge paws are just so sweet. Maggie always hangs hers out like that, too.

      Delete
  2. hay ewe gals....thiz fotoz bee price less...manee thank for sharin...hope de sun iz still shinin, de interentz iz werkin better.....purrhaps de computerz eated two manee "cookies" N heerz two a ton oh trout thurzday ~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are so smart. I never considered the computer wasn't feeling well, perhaps too many cookies! *wink*

      Delete
  3. Lookin' pawsum.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that is such a pretty picture. Very heartwarming.
    Hugs.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww!!! too much adorable. what a special thing they have. And people say animals don't "feel!" pppfffftt. Just look at them.
    Now I really wish that we could bring home another sweet rescue so Cashew could have a special friend too.
    And never worry about being late my friend: it's always a pleasure to have you when you are able. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom has been digitizing all his father's slides going back for fifty years, and I am enjoying seeing photos of the family's kitties and doggies...some I knew and some I didn't. Having the blog is a wonderful way to have our memories close at hand. Very adorable photo. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean...that is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture will always bring back your memories of Maggie and Chloe Jo being so suited to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful moment and I agree...they are a way to freeze the moment...they look totally in peace and at peace :) wonderful image :) hugs and loves Fozziemum xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Girls, you are so delectable looking and Chloe Jo, you know what mommy is thinking. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sweet friends! It's nice to see them together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two baskets full of honey Great picture

    ReplyDelete