Monday, January 26, 2015

Chloe Jo & I


I believe what doesn't kill me makes me stronger. I believe that I can get through anything, as long as I know what I am dealing with. I then try very hard to focus on the task at hand and get through it. Prayer does help. But, I am human.

This month has been one of those very trying months.  To begin the month, Bill's truck didn't take the subzero weather well, so he had some breakdown issues. Of course, that affects loads, deliveries, and payroll. It also increases stress.

Computer issues were prevalent lately, too. Taxes, medical claims, almost everything is done via computer, now. Of course, correspondence and blogging is mixed in there, too. It is hard to get anything done when that happens. 

As you know, last week while rushing around trying to get things done, I fell down my back stairs. I really bruised myself up badly and broke two ribs, displacing them. It is difficult to even breathe. There is no comfortable position. I am focusing on healing, and I will get through it.

Today was another story. Chloe Jo was having trouble using the litter box this morning. It seemed she may have stones, again. My heart breaks for her when she is sick. I bundled her up and we spent the day at the vet's office. She had x-rays, blood work, and a urinalysis. 

The initial tests show her bladder is enlarged and her kidneys are very small. We are not sure why this is happening. Nothing could be noted in her bladder to be causing this enlargement. We are unsure about the smaller than normal kidneys, too. She could still have stones that were not visible to us on the film. Her blood values seemed pretty in line with her usual results, except for her gall bladder, which was elevated. 

Chloe Jo was sent home with medication to help with calming inflammation and relaxing her, too. We are hoping things will settle down. She stresses easily, which always makes things worse for her health issues.  I am praying for her to feel better and to be relieved of these painful issues. She is our baby.

Please keep Chloe Jo in your thoughts and prayers, too. I will keep you posted as I am able.

31 comments:

  1. My goodness, when it rains it pours at your house. It does seem like things tend to snowball when bad things start to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Annie and Chloe Jo, please. Your momma is also not well. I am holding both of you up to the Lord starting the second I hit send and afterward,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, you are being tested.

    I shall include you and Chloe Jo in my prayers. May both of you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you are really being put through the stress teat this week. I'm praying that all will turn out well for Chloe , you and Bill. So much on your plate yet you are handling it like a trouper. You are a tough lady Annie.

    Sending you some healing and loving thoughts.

    Take care and heal fast.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. McGuff,
    We wish Chloe Jo the best.
    Y'all are in our thoughts & prayers.
    Best of Luck!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad to hear that you have pain and struggles lately in many areas of your life. We pray and hope that those things will come to pass and Chloe will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, lots going on for sure. Sending Chloe Jo and you our biggest purrs and prayers and our best healing thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The universe needs to give you all a break. Our purrs and purrayers to Chloe Joe, to you and to you all. Lots of hugs and healing energy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your husband and Chloe Jo will be in my prayers for healing and protection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh, when it rains, it pours! i'm so sorry it's all coming at once. you need to relax, too, as best as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i feel bad for the little kitty....
    you have been through the stuff of late though
    and you are right in that you can make it through..
    sometimes it is a just a test of endurance...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, poor Chloe Jo...hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. chloe jo....

    az all ways, de manee blessings oh st francis two ewe, N hope stuff settles for mom & dad two...when it rains it pourz sew they say...N we hope de new medisin helps ya bunches ....

    pleez knot ta laff, but ask yur mom ta find some harp mewsic on you tube or de ray de oh....plane...nothin else added...harp mewsic....this linx bee old, but it holds troo ♥♥♥♥♥

    http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2011/09/26/music-therapy-helps-soothe-animals-and-humans-alike-2/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both you and Chloe Jo are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor baby and poor YOU!!! After having gone through a scare with Cody last month, I sooo know what you are going through! Praying she will be ok and please take care of yourself and give yourself some time to heal. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. We sure hope things get better for all of you super soon. I am fighting the pee issues once again. No fun,

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this after I emailed you...my heart goes out to both you and sweet Chloe Jo...I pray that she feels better! And you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. When it rains it pours. I hope you continue to heal and that Chloe Jo gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor Chloe Jo. We're purring for her and hope she feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. aw Poor Chloe Jo.. sending lots of hugs and prayers your way pretty kitty! And for your person too! Hopefully February will be a kinder month -- I know Life has kicked us in the butt a bit over here too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. McGuffy prayers for you all! Good to hear from you. You have been on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sorry to learn of the difficulties in your life. I think we're all facing our share, some more than others, obviously. But, I'm a believer God never gives us more than we can bear. I pray for healing to come to Chloe Jo and you, computer ills to straight out, and for Bill's truck to be reliable & safe without further disruption in pay. Be well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, that IS a lot you are dealing with right now. We are purring and praying for Chloe Jo and you. Please update us when you are able, okay?

    Hugs (but gentle ones, considering your broken ribs and all)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Annie, I hope you got my e-mail of a couple of days ago. I just want to let you know that you and Chloe Jo remain in our purrs and prayers. Love and hugs, Janet & Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth snd Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Poor Chloe-Jo, I hope she is feeling better by now. I had a kitty that had a lot of health issues and know how hard it is to see them suffer. Computer woes are never fun either. Hoping your world is looking brighter today.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sending up a prayer for Chloe-Jo,and I hope the calming meds have helped. One for you, too- I've heard how painful that is, but have never experienced it myself. I hope you are back 100% soon. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh gosh, yes, I read about your awful fall. But not that you actually broke two ribs. That.must.hurt.every.moment. I really hope that you have the strength to stay still enough for them to heal quickly. It must be so tough. Especially when now one of your fur babies is sick, too.
    Sending my best wishes and warm thoughts of healing your way...

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG dear friend, I'm so sorry for you fall and to hear Chloe Jo was not feeling well again, and for your hubby's breakdowns with the truck. Having to worry about things doesn't help heal oneself either. I hope you didn't do permanent damage to your back. I've been living with back problems for quite a few years, and it isn't fun. Thoughts and prayers will be with all of you.

    ReplyDelete