Friday, February 20, 2015

Filled with Compassion

The "Follow Four Fill-In" is hosted by Hilary at Feeling Beachie. Each week, she posts statement with blanks. Our mission, should we choose to accept, is to copy the statement and fill in the blanks on our blogs. Then link up to her blog for sharing. Hilary is always looking for co-hosts and more statements for us to fill in. Please visit her, and let her know your suggestions!

The statements & My Answers: #201:

1. Showing compassion  is the best thing that you can do for the world. It should show in everything you do, every day, not just for "special" things. It should be a way of life. If we each took time to always show that we care, we could and would make a difference. Gandhi said, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” Act upon feelings of compassion; show that you care. Just do it...always.


2. Do you follow or break routine on the weekends? When Bill is on the road, my days are usually all the same, with little change. Routine is key. There is no “looking forward to the weekend” and no “hump day”. Here, we look forward to Dad being home, whenever that is, because that is what matters

3. Pasta is my very favourite comfort food. It is even better when shared. We all need to be comforted sometimes, and sharing definitely makes everything better.  

4. Being with critters always makes me happy. There is no pretense with critters. There is no judgment from critters. They have no hidden agenda. Critters are always genuine to their feelings, whatever the situation. I love that about them, and try to give back to them when I can. It is their world, too. This is what rescue and advocacy is all about: I try to be their change, too.





Linked to:
Feeling Beachie

26 comments:

  1. We can very much identify with all of your fill-ins, McGuffy Ann. I LOVE your answers for numbers one and four. :)

    Happy weekend to you and the critters, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like pasta but for comfort food, i'd go for potatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems many people choose pasta or potatoes!

      Delete
  3. I like your answers to 1 and 4. I don't really have a comfort food, but mashed potatoes and gravy comes close. And I am like you- weekends don't mean anything to me unless my husband is off on those particular days..which he is maybe once a month. My favorite days are when he is here with me. Have a wonderful weekend. Hope the weather isn't too nasty where you are, or where Bill is driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; whenever Bill is home, it is a good day!

      Delete
  4. Wonderfully wise words! Hug your babies and get hugged back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job at tying in the 1000 voices them to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I appreciate that. I really wanted to make it a natural part of my posting today. I think if we make compassion a natural part of life it would be better for everyone!

      Delete
  6. Pasta is my favorite, too! Your fur babies are adorable. We have 4 cats, and one of them is all black. :)

    My Follow Friday Four Fill-In Fun Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brooke. Chloe Jo & Grizelda are biological sisters. Total opposites, except for the colour black. Glad you came by today!

      Delete
  7. I so agree about critters! I love animals... they're amazing, and are the very definition of pure love and sunshine! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers- I love these fill-ins to get to know fellow bloggers better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Animals are awesome! We have chickens, ducks, dogs, cat...and I think there might be some tropical fish swimming around in my son's aquarium still. We've had hamsters and ferrets too. Animals can add so much to life!

    ReplyDelete

  10. I agree with with #1. We should all be compassionate.
    My weekends are always the same routine, work .
    I would say pasta is my comfort food too but I love an assortment.
    Being with family always make me happy, but I love my critters too.
    Hugs, Sorry I'm late... I got side tracked.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well written. Please remember my hubby in your prayers. He had a mild heart attack last night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. its pretty easy to know where the critters stand...smiles....and compassion should be a way of life...i figure i could be there, you know...and i would hope someone would have that same with me....my son loves pasta...he would eat it every meal if he could...ha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Compassion, routine, pasta, furry critters. Yep, I think so, too. 'Cept there is no hubs to break routine with.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your answers and feels the same as you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pasta is my favorite comfort food too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE pasta... especially spaghetti after it is boiled, thrown in a frying pan with garlic butter, let the butter brown a bit and throw on some parmesan! I'm with you on #4.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I truly love that Ghandi quote, it is so very true - every change starts with yourself.
    Pasta is a wonderful comfort food. I hope you'll be having it together with Bill without too many days in between.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so true what you said about Compassion -- and that quote is one of my very favourites: It all does start with each one of us, doing our part!
    Pasta is probably my go-to comfort food too. Although I did have a very good lobster bisque this weekend that I could get quite used to! ha
    Cashew was so happy to see us when hubby and I got back home today. But he did kinda glare at us like "you left me alone with the littles... I am not impressed." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent "answers." You are always so introspective and thoughtful. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for showing compassion toward our son.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete