I have been given the honour of the Creative Blogger Award. While awards are very nice, what I really value is that someone thinks I deserve them. That truly means a lot to me.
As with most blogging awards, there are rules to follow. I will do my best to abide by these four requirements.
A.) Thank the one who gave you the award.
Thank you, Janet and Kitties Blue. You make it a practice to care and share with others. I respect you for all that you do, and I appreciate you very much. Hug.
B.) Link to the blog of the one who gave the award to you.
Please visit Janet and Kitties Blue at their blog: The Cat on My Head. I know you will love them as much as I do.
C.) Tell five things about yourself.
1. As an avid reader, I do have favourite authors. I began following the author Sherri Wood Emmons with her first novel: Prayer and Lies. I enjoy her writing for many reasons. I also enjoy her as a person. In her most recent novel, The Seventh Mother, Sherri named a (rescue) cat McGuffy! I am flattered by this wonderful honour.
2. I am allergic to animals. I do not get injections, preferring to use the hands-on “exposure” method. Life without critters would not be living for me, but merely existing. I do limit my time in enclosed spaces where there are many birds, however. I actually like to see birds in the wild, anyway. I think they like it better, too.
3. I have severe claustrophobia. I cannot stand anything around my face, or to be confined in any way. I also suffer from arachnophobia. I respect spiders in their “house”, but not mine. Fair warning, spiders…just sayin’.
4. I have a very strong moral compass that I refuse to compromise for any reason. To me, that would be dishonest. It makes me unpopular at times, but when all is said and done, I have to live with myself.
5. I had a few “exotic” pets when I was a child. However, as an adult I do not believe this is acceptable. I feel it is often dangerous and unhealthy for both human and critter. I also feel that it is not in the best true interest of the animal, often bordering on cruelty. There are plenty of domestic animals (worldwide) that are in desperate need of homes and love.
D.) Nominate other bloggers.
I enjoy and respect all of those that I blog with. I think you all deserve awards and validation. I understand some bloggers do not accept awards, however. There is no obligation; no explanation needed. Please follow your heart.
With that being said, I nominate:
Queen Jester, Life in a Canned Ham
Les, Time Out for Mom
Again, as always, I believe that everyone deserves awards for their talents, creativity, and hard work. Please know that I appreciate every one of you, just for being you.