Monday, April 20, 2015

Creative Blogger

I have been given the honour of the Creative Blogger Award. While awards are very nice, what I really value is that someone thinks I deserve them. That truly means a lot to me. 



As with most blogging awards, there are rules to follow. I will do my best to abide by these four requirements.
A.) Thank the one who gave you the award.
Thank you, Janet and Kitties Blue. You make it a practice to care and share with others. I respect you for all that you do, and I appreciate you very much. Hug.
B.) Link to the blog of the one who gave the award to you.
Please visit Janet and Kitties Blue at their blog: The Cat on My Head. I know you will love them as much as I do.  
C.) Tell five things about yourself
      1. As an avid reader, I do have favourite authors. I began following the author Sherri Wood Emmons with her first novel: Prayer and Lies. I enjoy her writing for many reasons. I also enjoy her as a person. In her most recent novel, The Seventh Mother, Sherri named a (rescue) cat McGuffy! I am flattered by this wonderful honour. 
      2. I am allergic to animals. I do not get injections, preferring to use the hands-on “exposure” method. Life without critters would not be living for me, but merely existing. I do limit my time in enclosed spaces where there are many birds, however. I actually like to see birds in the wild, anyway. I think they like it better, too.
      3. I have severe claustrophobia.  I cannot stand anything around my face, or to be confined in any way. I also suffer from arachnophobia. I respect spiders in their “house”, but not mine. Fair warning, spiders…just sayin’.
      4. I have a very strong moral compass that I refuse to compromise for any reason. To me, that would be dishonest. It makes me unpopular at times, but when all is said and done, I have to live with myself.
      5. I had a few “exotic” pets when I was a child. However, as an adult I do not believe this is acceptable. I feel it is often dangerous and unhealthy for both human and critter. I also feel that it is not in the best true interest of the animal, often bordering on cruelty. There are plenty of domestic animals (worldwide) that are in desperate need of homes and love. 
D.) Nominate other bloggers.
I enjoy and respect all of those that I blog with. I think you all deserve awards and validation. I understand some bloggers do not accept awards, however. There is no obligation; no explanation needed. Please follow your heart. 
With that being said, I nominate:
Queen Jester, Life in a Canned Ham

Again, as always, I believe that everyone deserves awards for their talents, creativity, and hard work. Please know that I appreciate every one of you,  just for being you.

30 comments:

  1. Great post and it was fun and interesting to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, M. I enjoy learning about others!

      Delete
  2. conga ratz annie !!! I have chosen to respond today as ME; and not let the tabbies see this post...for reasons only known to them { # 2 } I hope you know who is fairing well and she is living large and in charge; my superstitious side wont let me print the you know who's name but I know you know who I'm talking about and you know who knows who two !! ~~~~~~ ♥♥♥ laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, you are awesome! ❤
      Shh...don't tell da tabbies about da burds!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Annie on your Creativity Award. An award much deserved.
    I'm learning something brand new about you today. I'm so surprised that you have a fear of spiders. I don't care for them but I'm not afraid. We have huge Orb spiders in the barn in the warm weather and they are so clumsy and their webs is so strong.

    I hope that you have a nice day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do not trust spiders, though I respect them. They are very important in nature.

      Delete
  4. I loved learning all that about you! your love of animals is obvious and I love to see all of your pets on your blog. Congrats on your creativity award---you definitely deserve that one, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!
    If i lived near by, every time you encountered a spider, i'd come get it out of the house for you, relocating it to my lawn. This weirdo loves spiders! (But i respect those who don't, which is why i'm willing to take them away for people.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hate spiders, but I sure don't love them! Bill rescues them, when he can. I respect spiders, but do not want them in my space. Be careful! They can be ornery!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for nominating me, but I'm going to decline. I'm sorry I just don't have time. But I loved your post, learning so much about you. I think people learn way too much about me on my Wednesday posts. Lol. But seriously, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award. We enjoyed learning more about you. We actually like spiders...we like to watch them and play with them. The mom hates them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grizelda loves to eat spiders, while Chloe Jo likes to play with them. Maggie is like me. She is creeped out by them. ❤

      Delete
  8. I guess I won't mail you that spider family...kidding! Nice to learn things about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please keep your spider family down there at the farm. Ha! Thanks, Gail.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your well deserved award. Its nice to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the super nice shout-out, Annie. I really like these awards as much for the opportunity to learn more about each other just as much as I like them for the validation. Kitties Blue parents are on vacation, which is why they are not readily available. I am trying to post but comments are sporadic at best. I hope you and the kitties are all feeling well. With love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your vacation, Kitties Blue Parents! ~xo~

      Delete
  11. Congrats Annie what a lovely thing to think of me..i take so long to do awards i had to stop on my bloggie but i will with great pride mention it and hopefully do a post...i am so behind i am suprised i am not back in time! thankyou sweet one and lovely to read and learn more about you ...i don't have a fear of spiders...but i would not want one in my bed :) hugs Fozziemum xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do such creative and informative posts. I enjoy learning about Australia through you! I especially love your Roos! ~xo~

      Delete
  12. Congrats on the nice award and we enjoyed your answers too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats to you! my husband is allergic to pets, too. but he had to learn to manage when he met me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You totally deserve it too! Sorry about his allergies, the things we do for the ones we love, are always so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your award!

    Oh, our human freaks when she sees a spider and they are fair game in the house too, though not outside (where they should stay, she says).

    Purrs and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on receiving this honor! It was good to get to know you just a little better, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the award and for sharing more about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for the award. I've posted it this morning along with the bloggers I nominated. That was such a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So deserving!!! I love your moral compass -- the world needs strong souls who stand and say "no, you move." more than ever.
    Thanks for the nomination.... and oh boy: look at that list of awesomeness you included me in!! so well chuffed!

    ReplyDelete