Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Right Now


Spring is inspiring. We watch as the earth works hard to come back to life. Both plants and animals follow nature’s call to begin the cycle of life again. Cold, darkness gives way to warmth and light. “Out with the old; in with the new”.

I am happy to pitch in, too. I clear away the dead plants and leaves left behind by Autumn. I want to let the sun get to the new growth as much as the new plants seek it. This makes me evaluate other things in my life.

I find myself feeling the proverbial pull to do “Spring Cleaning”. It is nice to air out the house, ridding it of Winter’s encasement. As I clear away the residue of Winter, I find things I no longer need or want. I recycle or donate what is no longer used or needed.

Life changes and we change with it. Each season of life teaches us something, giving us what we need. The rest we need to recycle. 

Spring is a perfect time to renew, refresh, and evaluate what we really need and want. I am using it to do just that. 

Linked to:
Prompt:
"Right now is the perfect time to..."

19 comments:

  1. We really enjoy seeing Spring arrive too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've put into words just how I feel about the coming of spring, McGuffy Ann! :)

    I went for a nice long walk at lunch today -- it was wonderful to see everything blooming, and so many people enjoying the sunshine.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, my spring cleaning will happen when I move to my new home in June. Until then I have boxes stacked everywhere, some filled and some waiting for packing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. annie...if this is your property I am TOTALLY jealous !!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your beautiful spring work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...spring is a reall cleansing time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really...I think I left out the y...oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You remind me of how it used to be at my house. Every year without fail, I would start to clean my house from top to bottom. Now I only clean when I get embarrassed by how it looks. hehe.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same about Spring cleaning. At this time I also do some inner sweeping away of clutter in my mind and heart.

    I am a dunce of a ditz...I cannot get an email to go through to you. Email me please. You can do it by clicking on the Between You and Me tab on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same about Spring cleaning. I also do some sweeping away of clutter in my mind and heart.

    I am a dunce of a ditz. I cannot get an email through to you. Please email me. You can email me by clicking on the Between You and Me tab on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spring is absolutely my favorite season! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am trying to Spring clean and declutter now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh such wisdom my friend!! Can I just bask awhile? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spring does that to me as well!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! We have been very good about getting Spring all started and happy outside but I can't get with the program inside. I have cleaned out the sideboard in the dining room but I just haven't done much more than that. Maybe when it gets too hot and I can't play outside I will work on the inside... :) Good Morning McGuffy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always feel the tug to do annual cleaning each spring. In fact, I have given quite a few large trash bags to charity already and still there is more uncluttering to do. I wonder, if we'll ever be free from it all. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uh, I definitely like cleaning out cabinets. David will go on a biz trip in a couple of weeks. Lonely evenings are made for cleaning out my clothes :)

    ReplyDelete