Saturday, May 2, 2015

Seeds


Scattered, like seeds
in an elusive breeze,
are moments.
Throughout life
we sow seeds---
memories---
putting down roots
to weather the storms
that blow in on
the winds of change.
We tend our lives
like gardens,
weeding out the chaff,
painful and stifling,
to harvest moments
ripe with sustenance,
in which to carry us
through inevitable
droughts of loneliness,
and inescapable flooding
recollections of regret. 

Poem: McGuffy Ann Morris,
from the book Weeds
Image: Free Domain



Linked to:

15 comments:

  1. Lovely. Poignant, bittersweet. Wonderful photo too, perfect for the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love your collection of poetry in WEEDS. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pretty much describe life and how we kind of are at the mercy of what we can't control.
    Seeing the dandelion fluff reminds me that they soon will be here as the grass is just starting to poke through.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. May we have many of those moments of sustenance to harvest, we will need them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our seeds with grow a little better having read your poem. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem, Annie. Thank you so much for linking it up @ s~A(R)T~urday. I hope many people will read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very thought-provoking. You've planted a seed of curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I sow beautiful flowers and not grass burrs. Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang it girl...you're going to have me liking poetry yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got my garden spot all ready for a good sit and read and a glass of ice tea!
    I'll be looking this one up in your book as I feel the warm sun and listen to the bees buzz.

    ReplyDelete