Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Supernatural

Good battling evil...or just Maggie battling Chloe Jo

I believe in the supernatural. I like the unexplained mysteries of life, and perhaps death to an extent. I will read an occasional book in this genre if it peaks my interest. There have also been TV shows and movies that I have liked. They must be in line with my beliefs, though.

I like historical supernatural stories and legends. I am fascinated with stories passed down through generations. I have some of these ghostly tales in my own past. One is the story of my Aunt Rachel. There is also the story of the cavalry horses. I recall a story of light orbs that responded to certain people. I like these spooky, creepy, unexplained tales and will share mine in the future.

However, as a rule, I do not read or watch paranormal books or shows involving horror or gore. I am not a fan of vampires, werewolves, poltergeists, ghouls, zombies, or horrors in any way, shape, or form.

I am very careful with my interaction with the supernatural. I see it as a potentially dangerous territory. I refuse to open a door (or portal). There is enough evil in the world, and I do not want to be associated with it.

Of course, there is another aspect to the supernatural phenomena. I believe in celestial angels. In fact, these are supernatural beings that I will even count on for assistance.

According to Christian tradition, there are nine orders of angels. The highest order is believed to be the keepers of wisdom and the throne of God, the Seraphim. The second order is the Cherubim, believed to be the helpers or intercessors of God. They look most like humans, it is believed. These orders are believed to be the closest to God.

Following the top two orders of angels are the Thrones, who control humility, peace, and submission. Next are the Dominions, who rule leadership among all of the angels.

The Virtues are thought to control the elements and motion. They rule over all of nature, including the heavens. These angels are also called “The Shining Ones”, offering courage and grace.

The Powers are those believed to be the warrior angels, defending the heavens and the humans of the earth. Many believe these angels work closely with The Archangels, who are the leading angels. They appear frequently throughout the Bible and Christian history.

The Principalities are the angels whose mission (it is believed) was to rule under the orders of the Dominion. These angels are credited with educating and overseeing groups of people throughout mankind’s history.

Angels, also “plain” or “regular” angels, are the lowest order. These are the ones most recognized for interacting with the world as we know it. They are the common messengers of this physical world.

To me, these angels are “Supernatural Superheroes”. They make me feel watched over and safe. With them, I feel a bit closer to God. In the proverbial battle of good vs. evil, I intend to stay firmly planted with these angels…on the good side. 


                                                    source



Linked to:
Prompt:
Share something "super".


40 comments:

  1. i believe in spirits. i, too, don't do evil stuff or gore for the sake of horror. i do wish we humans could tap into more spiritual guidance on an everyday basis. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, T. But, that might be too easy.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting post and I love the kitty graphic. I say the St. Michael prayer daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I believe in angels too and pray to my guardian angel every night since I was a little girl.

    I'm looking forward to reading about your experience in a future post. Don't like the evil stuff either.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. I have been meaning to share some of these stories, like my Aunt Rachel. Tune in.

      Delete
  4. I love seeing those two girls in that picture if that is really them! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it isn't...is it? No...but it could be! It looks like Grizelda, but she is not evil! Chloe Jo isn't evil, really...just very, very naughty!

      Delete
  5. I,too,believe in a spirit world of good and bad. I stay as far away from the baddies as I can. The angels, God's angels, I welcome. I believe in guardian angels and I am very grateful for mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talk to mine all of the time. I guess I need to. The Guardian angels belong to the lowest order, the "common" (regular) angels. They are pretty important, though!

      Delete
  6. That was a terrific post and you nailed it for us too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian. I am really happy that you could connect.

      Delete
  7. Each day i pray the angels, of whatever order is supposed to do it, would guard all those i love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. They all work together, as should we.

      Delete
  8. Wow, McGuffy Ann! That's exactly how we feel, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying that. I believe you, too.

      Delete
  9. I think and pray I have angels watching over me and out for me too.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith. It is all about the grace of faith. ❤

      Delete
  10. Nice write-up, Mcguffey!
    Have a Nice Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie...more things we have in common. I could have written this, except I don't have the knowledge about the various types of angels. I did meet one once, face-to-face. I will tell you the story sometime. His name was Michael. I know angels watch closely over us all, and they have saved my life on more than one occasion. Yours in faith and love, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I converted to Catholicism (37 years ago), my dear friend Father Kelly taught me about angels. I was fascinated with them...and still am. I know they are with me. Father Kelly joined them shortly after my conversion.

      Delete
    2. I was raised Catholic, Annie. I am non-practicing, but still have those same beliefs. Tom is Jewish. Angels surround us always. We only need to believe.

      Delete
  12. I like your description of the hierarchy of angels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned this from a Catholic priest when I converted 37 years ago. I believe it wholeheartedly. Thanks!

      Delete
  13. I love the fun and Hope that super heroes bring to life.... but nothing will ever replace Faith. My uncle saw an angel in his hospital room once, and after being there for almost 2 years slowly dying... the doctors came in the next morning and he was healed!!! he went within a week and lived many, many more years. He was a good and kind man with a huge love for God. I can't explain what happened in that hospital room, but I know if he had died, I would never have known a strong and godly father figure in my life. So, I believe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. And yes, as humans we need the creative fun and hope of superheroes. It inspires us to do the right thing and keep fighting evil, and to help those in need. I know you believe, my friend. ~xo~

      Delete
  14. Awesome post on the supernatural, and I love the picture of the cats, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I appreciate this comment very much. It is simply how I feel. I am glad others do, as well.

      Delete
  15. Hmmm... McGuffy you always get me thinking! I WANT to believe in angels and I say my rosary every night. But I struggle with some of my Catholic beliefs. I am with you in your third paragraph. I will be looking forward to more posts on this subject!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith. It is all about the grace of faith. In spite of my personal struggles in life, I have never struggled with my faith. I believe wholeheartedly, without question. This is how I have survived. You just have to believe.

      Delete
  16. My daughter loves EVERYTHING supernatural - books, TV, You Tube videos, video games - but I'll admit *I* don't. Guardian angels? Nope! Interesting read and food for thought! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessy. I appreciate your thoughts.

      Delete
  17. annie; good versus evil, chloe joe versus maggie, ceiling cat versus basement cat...irregardless..... I LOVE that photo !!! ♥♥♥ laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not take credit! Free domain/unknown.
      With that being said...it fits here quite well. Though it (the dark side) looks like Grizelda, it is acting like Chloe Jo. She is babied by Maggie, but really gives her a hard time regularly. Grizelda usually avoids any conflict, at all costs.

      Delete
  18. Ha, don't ask me why, but this post came somewhat unexpected. But I loved reading it. I do believe in the supernatural, too, and also watch shows, but no horror or gore - yuk. I like the idea of 'supernatural superheroes' :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting read and knowledge of all the levels of angels. I don't like horror stories either and can't understand why the whole vampire, zombie thing is so prominent in today's movies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I believe in Angels and Demons because God says there is "good and evil" in the world. I like you cat photo here.
    A good Vampire or Werewolf tale now & then I find fun to read.

    ReplyDelete