Sunday, May 17, 2015

Very Special Street Art


I love art that is colourful and fun. Artist David Zinn offers that. He is a successful conventional artist. However, he has also been sharing his very creative Street Art with Ann Arbor, Michigan since 2001. 

David's "Street Art" consists of chalk, charcoal, and miscellaneous available objects that he finds along the way. One of the things that I really love about his art is that his scenes feature critters. Along with turtles, cats, dogs and others there are many mice seen in David's artwork. However, Philomena the Pig and Sluggo the Monster are often seen, too.  

Ann Arbor is the home of David and his wonderful creations. However, he has been known to travel. If the mood and opportunity strike him, he will create his colourful "Street Art" in other cities and places he visits, too! 

Here are some of the popular images that David has created: 


  







Philomena



&


Sluggo


You can learn more about David and his art at these websites:
David Zinn  zinnart.com 
http://www.zazzle.com/david_zinn/clothing
And also check out,

the interview on Vimeo: vimeo.com/105495329
& the Indiegogo campaign: http://igg.me/at/davidzinn

*Revised and edited from an email, then blogged with the artist's permission.

23 comments:

  1. Those are totally wonderful and sure made us smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those street arts are really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they're amazing! I imagine one would do a double-take, coming across one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing and whimsical! Thanks for sharing McGuffy! The mice in the boat... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! What a creative mind along with creative hands. I know he makes many people smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely and thank you so much for bringing this to us, McGuffy!
    Back in FB days, I used to follow a group called, "Street Art in Germany", who had exceptional street art on their page. I want to see if that group is accessible through Google Plus now, since I am 'off' FB.
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his work! I love whimsical art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely brilliant! A very talented artist with a great sense of fun. Thanks for sharing these. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great artist. Just beautiful. I imagine he must take pictures of his art before the rain washes it away. Thanks for sharing this Annie.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE these. What a great talent. I so wish I could see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful! Such an imagination! I'd love to see these someday and wish more people did similar things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, those are SO wonderful! How creative and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE THIS!!!! I would be so thrilled to be walking down the street and see something like this. It's not just Art --- what a wonderful gift he has given people. I mean, how could you not smile when seeing this!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just brilliant! I must show all my arty friends, they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo, he is good.."very good. I love hoe he works his art into whatever flaw happens to be on the street. Thanks so much for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Such a lovely, creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just the most darling street art ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful talent! So clever and generous to share his art on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ♥ this artwork!! So wish I had that talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. He's very talented and the artworks are all really cute ...well, except being tied to the train tracks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Annie, I loved these. They really made me smile. Thanks for sharing. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete