I am joining Les for her Coffee Chat over at Time Out for Mom. It has been a while since I participated. This week Les has given us questions that will help us get to know each other better. I hope you will join us. Here goes…
1. Nickname: My first name is McGuffy; Ann is my middle name. Annie is what those close to me call me. Bill started calling me Brat when we were just friends, and he still does thirty-eight years later.
2. Eye colour: My eyes are blue. When I was younger they tended to change depending upon what I wore or my mood. They often had a green tint.
3. Hair colour: (Good grief…really?) It is currently mousey brown-grey. (Really, the colour is kind of like a mouse.) And, I am fine with that. When I was younger, my hair was naturally dark blonde with a reddish tint. And that was fine then.
4. One fact: I have an excellent memory, which is a blessing and a curse. My recall is so good that it is scary sometimes, especially for others.
5. Favourite colour: My favourite colour is green. However, blue is a close second. The interesting thing is that I have a lot of grey clothing.
6. Favourite place: There’s no place like “Home”. But, that being said, it is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is where my spirit truly feels at home. When I stand on Brockway Mountain, I believe I can see Heaven.
7. Favourite celebrity: There are many famous people that I enjoy. This includes authors, singers/songwriters, artists, actors, educators, trainers, and even critters. My interests are wide and varied, so my favourites celebrities are, too.
8. Favourite animal: Animals are my favourites! I love them all. Obviously, I especially love cats and dogs. I have a deep connection with coyote. I have also been told many times that my spirit animal is the panther, which might explain Chloe Jo. Although, I think perhaps I might be her spirit animal.
9. Favourite song: I often say that my life has a soundtrack. I really don't think I can choose one favourite song. I have many, many songs that are special to me, speak to me, even explain me to myself. Music is important to me, and lyrics are critical.
10. Favourite book: I love many books. I will always love The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran. An animal memoir that I cherish is Snowflake in My Hand, by Samantha Mooney. A favourite novel from my teens is Mary Dove, by Jane Gilmore Rushing. There are too many beloved books to list. My list keeps growing, too.
Okay. Your turn!
Okay. Your turn!