Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Introductory Coffee Chat


I am joining Les for her Coffee Chat over at Time Out for Mom. It has been a while since I participated. This week Les has given us questions that will help us get to know each other better. I hope you will join us. Here goes…

1. Nickname: My first name is McGuffy; Ann is my middle name. Annie is what those close to me call me. Bill started calling me Brat when we were just friends, and he still does thirty-eight years later.

2. Eye colour: My eyes are blue. When I was younger they tended to change depending upon what I wore or my mood. They often had a green tint.

3. Hair colour: (Good grief…really?) It is currently mousey brown-grey. (Really, the colour is kind of like a mouse.) And, I am fine with that. When I was younger, my hair was naturally dark blonde with a reddish tint. And that was fine then.

4. One fact: I have an excellent memory, which is a blessing and a curse. My recall is so good that it is scary sometimes, especially for others.

5. Favourite colour: My favourite colour is green. However, blue is a close second. The interesting thing is that I have a lot of grey clothing.

6. Favourite place: There’s no place like “Home”. But, that being said, it is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is where my spirit truly feels at home. When I stand on Brockway Mountain, I believe I can see Heaven.

7. Favourite celebrity: There are many famous people that I enjoy. This includes authors, singers/songwriters, artists, actors, educators, trainers, and even critters. My interests are wide and varied, so my favourites celebrities are, too.

8. Favourite animal: Animals are my favourites! I love them all. Obviously, I especially love cats and dogs. I have a deep connection with coyote. I have also been told many times that my spirit animal is the panther, which might explain Chloe Jo. Although, I think perhaps I might be her spirit animal.

9. Favourite song: I often say that my life has a soundtrack. I really don't think I can choose one favourite song. I have many, many songs that are special to me, speak to me, even explain me to myself. Music is important to me, and lyrics are critical. 

10. Favourite book: I love many books. I will always love The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran. An animal memoir that I cherish is Snowflake in My Hand, by Samantha Mooney. A favourite novel from my teens is Mary Dove,  by Jane Gilmore Rushing. There are too many beloved books to list. My list keeps growing, too.

Okay. Your turn!



Linked to:

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, T. He started doing that when we were just friends, but he says it still fits.

      Delete
  2. Hair color... that's funny. I used to be what I called "Caucasian mouse brown". Now I'm 6.5G Lightest Golden Brown. I wish Miss Clairol bottled "Golden Retriever".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That is funny! I am surprised no one has come up with a line like that.

      Delete
  3. Hi Annie,
    I love your answers, particularly #8!
    Have a Wonderful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chandra. All true...especially #8!

      Delete
  4. "brat" really? Ha - and mine being "bug" - we make a good pair! I knew it. LOL
    and I knew you would pick all animals and I love that about you.
    something really cool I have to share now -- there was a coyote in my backyard the other night!!! I saw him go through our garden gate and back to my gardens, where he sniffed around a bit and investigated the kids toys, then just moseyed right back out. it was quite the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow. That is so cool about the coyote. Too bad you couldn't get pictures! Animals are curious, but that does not mean they are seeking to harm. This shows just that.

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh - brat and bug are two names hubby calls me, at times - LOL. So, Cute, Annie :)
      Great answers!

      Delete
  5. Love your list. Not sure about the nickname "Brat" though, but as long as you don't mind! Apart from pets, my favourite animal is the hedgehog. I love it when they come into my garden at dusk. They like the dried mealworms I put out for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see a hedgehog in its element, rather than a pet store.

      Delete
  6. From your nickname to your excellent memory, it is nice to "see" the real you!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fun and we enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, my list will come up next week, and I so enjoyed reading yours. I do have the book, The Prophet, and I'll have to go back and read it again to refresh my memory. Funny that your panther spirit connects to Chloe Jo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I shouldn't be surprised about Chloe Jo. There is a deep connection with her...of course, I did bottle feed her. Yeah, I really think I am her spirit animal.

      Delete
  9. Love your list -- and i agree that in some areas, there are too many favorites to pick just one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Brat is incredibly cute, really! Probably because I know he means it in a sweet silly sort of way! For my turn pretty much all your answers would be mine, excepting the nickname, which really I don't really have! My mama used to call me Karina, Karina! And my oldest named his little girl that! And my hair, well it's close to your color, I'm guessing but I do like highlights to unmouse myself! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice to learn more about you. I am late with this, but will try to do it next time. I will say cats are my favorite animal and Nic Cage is my favorite celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed you Coffee Chat... always learning. Brat is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. McGuffey, my memory isn't as good as I'd like for it to be. I can remember some thing really well, like bdays, special occasions, or events. But, I have a black hole in my memory at various stages in our marriage. It's really annoying and I don't know why I can't recall the same things as DH. Stop by to read...10 get-to-know Cathy facts #A2ZRoadTrip #music when ever you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete