Friday, July 24, 2015

Fill-In Fun #223 + Me

I have followed Hilary and Feeling Beachie since I began blogging, over four years ago. Her Friday Four Fill-In Fun has always been one of my favourite memes. I like the challenge and the exchange of thoughts.

Each week Hilary posts four statements with blanks that you fill in. Then just link up to her blog for sharing. Hilary is always looking for co-hosts and more statements for us to fill in. Please visit her, and let her know your suggestions! 

This week’s co-host is…ME!  Please join us!

The statements & My Answers: #223:

1. I love the honesty that is found in animals. They are always genuine in both thought and action. I appreciate and respect that. I wish humans were that way.

2. Politics isn’t my favourite topic of discussion. Enough said.                            

3. I always cry when I am extremely upset or angry. Cruelty, injustice, or outright meanness will do it for me. I rarely cry in front of others, though. The human-animal connection makes me cry. The human-human connection does too, but for different reasons. I don’t think I have a thin skin so much as a soft heart.   

4. I used to hold my feelings in, but I am learning that in doing so, I do more harm than good. Feelings are important threads that form connections and bonds to others. If we are respectful and honest, we should be able to share our feelings.





Linked to:


8 comments:

  1. Having grown up on a farm with lots of animals and having had several dogs over my adult life, I too feel that animals have a way of communicating with people. We no longer have any pets, but look fondly on when we did and could.

    Politics isn't my favorite thing to discuss either.

    Yes, I think a soft heart describes it right. (#3)

    Holding in feelings can do a lot of physical and mental harm, but sharing them has to happen in the right kind of setting for it to be a healthy exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3... me too. But I think I have a thin skin too.
    Poignant fill ins today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we are respectful and honest, we can agree to disagree and still be friends. Some of my dearest friends are people i can sit and discuss things with, and we don't agree at the end, but we still like and love and respect each other when we are through, and understand each other's points better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the truth. Truth is so very important to me and therefore I love honesty. I deal with animals all the time although I don't have pets but don't tell that to the barn cats. They think they are my pets and greet me every time I enter the barn even the kittens. I agree, animals are honest.

    I detest politic...

    I always cry when my heart is broken.

    I used to hold in my feelings and sometimes I still do.

    Have a great weekend Annie.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job coming up with the fill-ins and I always enjoy your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on #4 - I am trying the same thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the graphic, and as always I can relate to your answers. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cry when I am angry and that gets me so upset I cry harder. I avoid politics. I don't understand any of it and it is frustrating. I tend to hold my feeling inside. I think it is a learned response from childhood finding that being vulnerable can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete