Friday, August 28, 2015

Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day


On this special Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day, I would like to call attention to my Rainbow Bridge page. There are cats, dogs, reptiles, birds, fish, and rodents. I have listed the critters that have crossed The Bridge in my adult life. They are listed in order of the date of their adoption.  I will be adding pictures over time, as possible.  

My first dog was Velvet. She was 15 when she crossed The Bridge. I was 25. She was buried in a formal pet cemetery. As I had engraved on Velvet's headstone, "Love surpasses death". This still rings true. My life has been blessed by many critters, and I believe I am better for it. I remember each and every one of them with love and gratitude, always. 


Linked to:

15 comments:

  1. Awww. such a sweet idea. We buried one of our dogs on Monday, she was almost 13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of my pets have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge so In remembrance of all my beloved fur babies and birds and fishes, Happy Rainbow Bridge Day to them all.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart always remembers and loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote on Velvet's headstone made me tear up. So, so true.

    Hugs to you as you remember all of your precious angels, McGuffy Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  5. guys...we look for werd ta seein a fotoz oh everee one....even dale's...who hazza funkee last name ~~~~~~ ♥♥♥

    heerz two a stargazer sheatfish kinda week oh end ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tribute page. Thank you so much for participating in Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day - xoxo from Mr. Jazz, Deb, Purr Prints of the Heart and the Zee/Zoey Gang

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been such a special day remembering our beloved pets who live forever in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Gone but not forgotten....and always loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all deal with grief in our own time and way. I feel emotions so deeply that I have to move forward through grief with happy thoughts in order to survive. My fur children will always have a special place in my heart. How wonderful we can have a day to remember our fur children who've gone before us.

    Mom Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. With us forever in heart.
    Thanks for sharing with us
    Timmy and Family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Purrs to you on this day of remembrance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still miss my dog that died when I was a young teen. I actually have dreams about him still. and it still hurts to wake up from them all these years later. forever in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete