Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sundial

                                                                                            
Sun shining through solitary cloud,
children playing hard and loud,
take me where my life had begun
though rights nor wrongs can be undone.

Clocks keep ticking, time keeps turning,
each and every child keeps learning.
The older we get the less we know.
We are time’s victims, we are time’s foe.

Now I am age, and age is me,
for soon the setting sun I’ll see.
The winds will blow the clouds away;
the sun will rise another day.


Poem: McGuffy Ann Morris
Image: Source



Shared with:
Quote Prompt:
"Spend the afternoon.
You can't take it with you."
~Annie Dillard

&




19 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your time poem. Time stop for no one and is ticking away second by second just now I as type.
    I wish you a great day my friend.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Great way for me to start my morning with your lovely words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and very profound poem, Annie!!! ...ah, a beginning of a sure end...can relate to this poem. Brilliant piece...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Time keeps running" struck me the most as it does seem that it's running faster and faster each year. To think another Christmas is just around the corner is incredible. Very well-thought-out poem, Annie. Hugs and love, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous words of poetry ~ well penned ~ It all goes by 'in a blink!'

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Annie, this is so beautiful and profound. It made me a bit emotional. Maybe because I am helping care for a friend who is nearing the final sunset of this life and being readied for the sunrise of new life. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely poem, McGuffy Ann. We were just talking about how time seems to pass more quickly as we get older...

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely. ever thought of doing a second poetry book?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very true words. - You have a great way with poetry. I'd like to stop time but alas we all know that can't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a different kind of sundial I have not seen before. It´s lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think... I think I need to read this a few times to fully grasp it. But one thing I know - it is a beautiful poem. It is like a picture, unraveling in my mind... Love it!
    Thanks for linking up at s~A(R)T~urday!

    ReplyDelete