Sunday, November 22, 2015

Honey, I'm Home


Hello. Yep; it's me. I have been caught up in the web of life. A lot has happened. I am not sure how to catch up, so I will just try to update things and move on.

First, I want to thank all of you for your patience. I am especially touched by those who have checked in on me by email. You know who you are. Hugs and thank you.

We finally resolved the computer issues. After much research, thought, and more of both, we got a new desktop PC. The old one was outdated, fragile, and as slow as molasses in January. Before the motherboard went totally out and crashed, we knew it was time to replace the tired old thing.

Bill insisted we replace my laptop, too. My netbook was stuck in “update” mode, insisting that I upgrade to Windows 10. After consulting with experts, there was nothing I could do with it. It was not made to do the things W10 was insisting on. After denial, I briefly went into freak-out mode which was followed closely by frustration. I was ready to hang it up, all of it.

After purchasing both, I was consumed with two+ complete data transfers. Along with PC to PC, I wanted information from the netbook on the new laptop and desktop, too. I then arranged for experts to come and set them both up. Of course, they were not prepared and had to come back a second time to complete the set up job. Everything takes time...and patience...which I was about out of by that time. Finally, we are up and...not running, but at least moving forward.

So, here we are. Thank you, Bill, for everything: the new computers, but even more, your support and encouragement. You make everything better and I appreciate you. As Bill always says, “the impossible just takes a little longer”.

Of course there are other things going on here, too. Stella has been on an excellent adventure. It started when I had to go away. My longtime rescue friend, Cee, could come over to care for the cats. However, a dog needs a lot more time and more visits than cats do. So, Stella went trucking with Dad. They are both enjoying this arrangement. There will be posts about their adventures coming soon. While Bill has a new trucking partner, I may need to get another dog to help me herd the cats.

George is five months old now. He has had his “procedure”. We did not want this done when he was a little baby. However, we wanted him to be young enough to preserve his sweet, crazy, fearless personality. I can assure you that he is still all boy. The Girls look at him often like, “Seriously, Dude?” As I said, George is fearless. He loves high places, and never jumps “down”. Rather, he jumps straight out, going for distance much like a super hero would. He just needs a cape.

Thankfully, Chloe Jo is stable in her health issues. Maggie has good days and bad days, but we know that is how it is with heart issues. Grizelda is her usual easy self. George is a wonderful little brother for all of them. They love him dearly and take turns playing with him.

As for me, my adventure was a visit to Mayo Clinic. I  had been having unresolved issues with my knee implants, so I first sought my local orthopaedists thoughts on it, including the one who put them in. They could not agree as to what is wrong, giving me three different opinions. In the past, Mayo has helped me with several health issues, so we sought their opinion on my knees. It seems that the implants that I have are not the right ones for me. I compare it to wearing someone else's shoes. However, it is not quite that simple. The size and type of these implants keep my tendons and ligaments hyper-extended. This causes mobility and functioning issues, as well as pain. I am supposed to go back to Mayo for more tests and a rheumatology consult. In the meantime, they gave me injections from hell in the tendons and ligaments. These are not like the usual knee injections, as I have artificial knees. I am also using knee braces and prescription topical gel. I didn't have my hips and knees replaced to end up like this, but it is what it is. I am trying to make it work. The alternative is inevitable, though I would like to prolong this mess reality.

This weekend we had our first official snowfall of this season. It was well over a foot of snow. Thankfully, Bill had helped me clean up the yard while he was home. I did some final clean up just hours before the snow started falling. Well, we now have over a foot of snow. As I put away the mower and shears, I got out the shovel and snow blower. This is Autumn in the Great Lakes.

Slowly but surely, I plan to get back to visiting and commenting, as I cannot go back in time to catch up. I would only get further behind, as you are all such creative and active bloggers. So, forgive me. But, at least I am back!

36 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is so much fur sure. We're so very sorry about the knee problem, goodness. We sure hope all gets resolved soon, especially the pain. It sure is nice to have you back. Hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I appreciate that. Hugs back to everyone, too.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes these things just need time to run their course, and computers are frustrating to a certain extent most of the time. And I used to build systems and maintain my own, still, it's frustrating. I most hope that you can get your implants figured out and get rid of that pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure which has been more frustrating lately! Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Thank heavens all is relatively well. I hope to goodness finally you get what you need and there will be an end to this horrible pain and interruption to life's goings on. xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life sure gets crazy. Having someone to share it with helps. Hug.

      Delete
  4. Dear Annie, I sure hope that you'll get some good care and that the knee problem can be solved. I would have thought that the Mayo clinic would have done better for you. This must be so frustrating for you. I can't imagine what you are really going through and sure will keep you in my prayers. Tell George not to leap from high place till he gets his super cape.
    Big hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mayo has never been a problem. They replaced my hips in 2007 and 2008. I then had my knees replaced near home in 2009. Local doctors have made errors that Mayo fixed. Thankfully.
      George needs a cape, for sure. He is super!
      Hugs, my friend. ♡

      Delete
  5. And I have been crying and carrying on about a tooth that needs to be pulled... I just got a big dose of perspective. Hope this all gets worked out for you. You will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, tooth pain is terrible! Bill went through that last Winter. He got very sick. I hope you get that resolved soon!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! You've been missed.

    Good news, bad news...life. You and Bill will survive and thrive through this.

    I think I would wait til spring for a new dog, dogs can get misplaced in a foot of snow. Four cats will keep you busy enough! I imagine Bill has enjoyed the company as he travels those long lonely miles.

    I will pray a solution comes quickly. I have never heard of that! How could a doctor mess up so badly??? Never mind, I could answer that.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Dogs are easier to train in decent weather. We will see what and who comes along.
      Mayo has helped me consistently, when no one else could, and when others messed up. They perform modern day miracles, every day.
      Thanks, Gail. I missed you all, too.

      Delete
  7. Wow! You have had a lot going on. I am glad all the pets are doing well. I am sorry about your knee though. Also glad you have your new computers hooked up. Nice to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that bill and stella are together. i do hope they can help with your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing a post about Bill and Stella. They are sweet together...and funny.

      Delete
  9. Yippee...yippee...yippee! I am so happy that the computers are replaced and you are back. I didn't hear from you after I answered your e-mail on the 10th so didn't know what was happening. Is Stella going to be traveling with Bill indefinitely? A foot of snow! Ouch! Sure hope it melts super fast. Hope you know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Much love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to be back, Janet. Email coming to you this week!

      Delete
  10. Oh, I am so glad to finally read you are back up and running. Well, of sorts. At least you are back, your menagerie is as well as was hoped for and - Bill was home - yay! I also bet you are starting to love your new metal toys :) It will get some getting used to and shoveling files back and forth, I am sure, but it will be so much faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to be able to get back into the creative mode. This is one reason Bill wanted me to get a laptop, too. It is easier for me (and my joint issues) when I am working on creative writing. I will be back for sARTurday.

      Delete
  11. Welcome back, it's great to see you out in cyber space again.

    Congrats on sorting out the computer issues, at last, as frustrating as it was. I'm sure you'll see a difference too!

    As for the problems with your knees...I don't know what to write except ACCKKK! and UGH!!!! and I'm sorry! The boys are sending tons of purrs to you.

    We're happy to read the fur family is fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, guys. I appreciate your kindness. XO.

      Delete
  12. It's great to see you, and i hope your health issues are resolved soon because such pain is an awful burden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Mimi. It is kind of rough. I will get through it.

      Delete
  13. Sounds like all is well except for your issues! The computer technology is going so fast it is really hard to keep up. My computer is already two years old, and I think I just got it. I keep the GeekSquad on my radar all the time. Good luck with the knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need the good thoughts for my knees. People really are at doctors mercy, but need to know these kind of things.

      Delete
  14. It's so good to have you back and blogging. I'm hoping the new computer will make it easier to work with and that everything heals up quickly. I love Bill's saying of the impossible just takes longer....great motto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill's motto is what I used to dedicate Weeds to him. Check it out!

      Delete
  15. guys...grate two see everee one again !!! N now that yur mom haza new pea sea...itz time ta chex out how fast ya can put stuff in yur online shoppin cart, then hit.... send order !!!! ding dong ding dong.....N oh look, heerz de dood in de brown shortz now ~~~~~~♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gut better be wearing long pants! We got 13" of snow! XO.

      Delete
  16. We have missed you...but you know how much I love hearing about the family! Take care and take care of you! This is a great update...my thoughts are with you...and on we go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...on we go. The alternative is not an option!

      Delete
  17. Yes, you have been missed and it is wonderful to have you back among the fold. Computers are nice but they do require patience and more patience be they old or new.
    Never fun to have mistakes made to the body...been there though not to the extent of yours. Glad Mayo Clinic was able to help. Hope they can make things right with time and that curse word, patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking forward to your meme! I want to get back to writing!

      Delete
  18. Yay - you're back!!!! I can't wait to hear about the Adventures of Bill and Stella. You know, I was just thinking that it would make such a great book. Sorry to hear about the knee problems. My dad has artificial knees too, and after about 18 years, he is starting to have trouble with them again. They can really cause him pain these days. I hope it all gets sorted out for you.
    I cannot believe you got snow before me!!! It's still fairly warm here - very weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your Dad's heart. That is how it is supposed to be. My knees are 6 yrs. old. They never felt right, but the more I use them, the worse they get. I did not have the right implants put in to start with. I should have gone back to Mayo. They do it right from the start. But, here I am!

      Delete