Sunday, November 29, 2015

Threshold



In her two decades on earth, Mattie had lived in so many places. The way she was raised, she never knew if she was coming or going.

Some people sought fame or fortune, but Mattie only sought a place to call "home". On her life's journey of many moves, it was a very pleasant surprise when love actually found her. 

Now, as Mattie crossed the entrance into yet another house, she knew it was love that made it a home.



Linked to:
Quote Prompt:
"A house is a home when it shelters
the body and comforts the soul."
~Phillip Moffitt


* This is a story that was originally written for Five Sentence Fiction. As I organized my stories in my new computer, I realized how well this story fits this prompt. Soon I will have new writing to share. Peace. ~McGuffy Ann Morris

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I appreciate your thoughts, Gail. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Lovely and tender! Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote and the storey is very fitting. I remembered reading this particular touching little storey and it's worth reading it again.

    Hugs, my friend.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet story with a lot of truth in it. Mattie is a wise woman. Thank you for sharing this with In Other Words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one has a bit of me in Mattie. I moved a lot in childhood. Bill is my anchor.

      Delete
  5. Sweet that she finally found a place where her heart could rest content.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love that love revealed itself so fully to Mattie, when she was ready for it, and even when she was not expecting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. You two got it. It is extra sweet the way Mattie found love. ♡

      Delete
  7. I love this! You have captured a lot of emotion and feeling in just 5 sentences and described Threshold so perfectly. Thanks for the smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with this, Annie. We have moved many times, and it becomes home quickly once I have all my stuff in place and my hubby beside me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always want to know the rest of the story!!! And that's a great compliment my friend -- how do you grab our attention in only 5 sentences??!! Truly a gift.

    ReplyDelete