Friday, December 18, 2015

Fill-In Fun #240

The "Follow Four Fill-In" is hosted by Hilary at Feeling Beachie. This meme is one of the first ones I joined, several years ago. Each week Hilary posts statement with blanks. Our mission, should we choose to accept, is to copy the statement and fill in the blanks on our blogs. Then link up to her blog for sharing. Hilary is always looking for co-hosts and more statements for us to fill in. Please visit her, and let her know your suggestions! This week’s co-host is Ellen at 15andmeowing.

The statements & My Answers: #240: 

1. Peppermint candy canes taste like happiness. 

2. Have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day? Okay, Creedence Clearwater Revival is a big part of the soundtrack of my life. My Uncle Eddie was a hero to me during my middle school years, when he got back from Vietnam. CCR was his favourite band and that had a great impact on me (as did Uncle Eddie). CCR was always known for their meaningful songs, including this one.

Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Creedence Clearwater Revival

3. My little Chloe Jo always gets mad at me for not stopping what I am doing to cuddle her when she thinks she needs it. I have to hold her close with my left arm like she is a baby. Then I must rub her belly while she hugs me. I have to; she insists. *wink

4. When my alarm clock goes off, I grab my cell phone and call Bill. I set my alarm for the beginning of his day. The time varies load to load. Sometimes he drives during the day; sometimes he drives all night. I always call to check on him, though.


Have a great weekend!



Linked to:

13 comments:

  1. I love CCR too. They were so popular for party dances.
    How sweet of you to check on Bill first thing every morning when he's away. No wonder you are both so close.
    Wishing you a great day.
    Stay safe and warm.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! My Dad has lots of CCR on his iPod thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our pets can demand so much attention, but they give so much comfort, it is so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great song choice. My hubby and I have seen John Fogerty in concert 3 times. This is my hubby's favorite song :)
    Chloe Jo is a sweetie. And you are very sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can read between the lines of #3 because I have spoiled catkids, too. Calling Bill is a lovely way to start your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to tell you that if I had been filling in these blanks, I honestly believe if I had come to Have you_____? I think I would have filled it in the same way...always has been a favorite song/group of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peppermint candy & CCR ...how awesome!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy likes to be held like a baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats do love to be alarm clocks, and to get what they want when they want it. Making those special efforts to keep in touch is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love CCR. Saw them in concert in about 1970 with so many other great groups that same day. Chloe Jo and Astrid are two peas in a pod. I usually have to type one handed due to Astrid's need to be on my lap and get constant scritches or sleep on my lap and left arm. Wouldn't have it any other way. Love and lots of warm hugs to you, Annie. Your friend, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love #3...kitties are pretty demanding, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I want to check it out. I love your post. Love the cats. We just lost ours. I miss him! Still have my dog.
    She is a sweety. Thanks for coming by my 'Lonely' post.
    I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love CCR. I grew up hearing that kind of music playing in the barn all day. And rain on a tin roof barn sounds pretty amazing too.
    Cashew is not a cuddler. It makes me sad. but for some reason he always sleeps on my side of the bed, before I come to bed, and then when I climb in, it's all nice and warm. :)

    ReplyDelete