Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Quote Challenge


I have always found quotes meaningful. I find them to be an anchor or a way of grounding me to a moment or situation. I often find wisdom in them. There are some quotes that are a part of my daily thinking. I shared some of those with you here on this blog.

I have been nominated by PrincessJM, of Ramblings of an Old Soul, to participate in the "Three Day Quote Challenge". The rules of the challenge are simple. They are as follows:

1. Post for three consecutive days.
2. Choose and share one or three quotes each day.
3. Challenge three additional bloggers each day.

Today is Day 1 of my challenge. I am sharing a quote that has always fascinated me. I first read it when I was very young, about age 12. I was intrigued enough to read whatever I could by the author, Edgar Allen Poe. I am still fascinated. Here is the deeply thoughtful quote:




On Day 1, I now nominate the following bloggers:
1. Gail of At the Farm
2. Karen of 21 Wits, by Karen
3. Claudia of ImagesByCW


18 comments:

  1. One of my favorites.

    - Mark Nepo

    "If you truly hold a stone, you can feel the mountain it came from."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you accept and have fun with this challenge.

      Delete
  2. I have a hard time with Poe's quotes. They are kind of too way out there for poor little me. I honestly prefer some with more quiet wisdom.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Poe was quiet, but in a dark, tormented way. He was intelligent and creative, though. I much prefer his tales to the graphic horror of today.

      Delete
  3. We like that Edgar guy too and the peeps have been to his house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do that. And I would like to visit the Hemingway estate.

      Delete
  4. Poe was an interesting writer. I like that he wrote about a Raven. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess so, Raven! My favourite is, "The Tell-Tale Heart".

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the nomination! A very special quote, and since my childhood school days, Poe has been a favorite of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really look forward to your quotes. You do this well!

      Delete
  6. I have a bit of a time with Poe, too... but I love Pooh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have ever seen that quote- very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poe always seemed both intriguing and sad to me. Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a quote I'd never heard and I really like it. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sure is a fascinating quote. Thank you for the nomination. I hope that I'll make it, next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poe is so very quotable! A good choice.

    ReplyDelete