Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Quote Challenge, Day 2


This is Day Two of the quote challenge. Thank you, again, PrincessJM, for nominating me for this quote challenge. I enjoy words, especially wise words strung together with meaning.

Today I am sharing a quote that I truly believe. I try to be conscious of these wise words every day. I know my dear friend, Julia, believes this, too. We have talked about it. 

Leave this world a little better than you found it.
~Lord Robert Baden-Powell


For Day 2 of the Quote Challenge, I nominate:
1. Janet of The Cat on My Head
2. Linda of Senior Adventures
3. Ellen of 15andmeowing

The rules of the challenge are simple. They are as follows:
1. Post for three consecutive days.

2. Choose and share one or three quotes each day.
3. Challenge three additional bloggers each day.

The sharing of quotes and learning make this challenge fun. But, it is the sharing of friendship that makes it special. Hugs!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I was not aware that Lord Robert Baden-Powell had a quote almost identical to my own quote. I try to live by my quote whenever I can. Thanks for mentioning it here and I'm leaving you with a smile and a hug.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not surprised when I saw that you also live this quote. If we all did, everyone would be better for it. Big hugs, my friend.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for nominating me- I love quotes! I love this quote. I always try to leave everything better than I found it- even a waiting room, I always straighten the magazines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you accepted! I look forward to your quotes, too!

      Delete
  3. One of my favorites...A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. – William Shakespeare

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure wish everyone would believe and practice that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely a good quote and something I believe in as well. I accept your challenge and will need to put on my thinking cap as I do not want to repeat any of the quotes I used last time. Love and warm hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what i want to do, and tried to teach my children also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is, indeed, a very beautiful quote and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great quote! I have climbed Mt. Baden Powell in California, and there is a marker at the summit inscribed with that quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great quote and one that we all need to take to heart, right? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please, my dear, I am NOT a cat-lover especially. there are other middle points in my life.
    you are still follower?
    think, you can deleate your followship.
    I know a circle of cat- and animalfriends:
    there meet a lot of them at
    NOVA, Tenerife- blogspot.
    think, you will find her!
    Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such understandings retain and move lives.
    wonderful quote....deep insight into human emotions and nature. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - I just talked about THIS quote with my Girl Guide Sparks girls! Baden-Powell was the man who founded the whole Boy Scout movement, and then later when he married, he and his wife added Girl Scouts too. They are learning about the roots of the program and all the great things the Powells taught.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great quote. I hope that will be the case when I leave this world.

    ReplyDelete