Saturday, March 5, 2016

Life is Busy


Life never stops. We have been really busy with the stuff of Life. This explains why I have not been around much. Please know I do care and appreciate each of you. I don’t want to bore you, or dwell on negative things. I try to keep it real, but keep it positive, too. Please let me share some of the things that have been happening here in our lives.

In January, we went up to Mayo Clinic to get some answers and a health plan for me. Mayo Clinic has always been able to help me when doctors here at home could not. When all is said and done, I need to have both of my knees replaced again. But, I need to resolve my chronic anemia and some other health issues first. The surgeries will probably be next Spring.

Bill has been long haul trucking for several years, now. Because he would be gone for weeks at a time, we missed many holidays and special times together. The trucking industry is one of constant turnovers and changes. Bill also knew it was time for a change. He looked into several companies, but one actually found him. He will be driving a dedicated, regional route out of a Yard near our home. He will be home on weekends, and for most holidays, now. We hope to get back to a more normal life.

Chloe Jo’s last exam and blood work went pretty well. Her kidneys are functioning pretty well, and her breathing is stable. The vets and staff really love her and are about as happy as we are. She and Grizelda had their yearly shots and are happy that is over!

Grizelda is healthy and happy. She still plays Tent-Ball, and Tag with George. They also wrestle daily. Lately, she joins George and Chloe Jo in the window seat for some warm sunshine.

Maggie will be going in to the vet’s clinic this week. She is due for shots and another heart check-up. She has good days and days where she just sleeps. George has helped to perk her up, though. They even sometimes play together. She doesn’t quite get into Tent-Ball games, but she loves the new crinkly-tunnel. They take turns in it, surprising each other.

George is almost nine months old. He is still in fast-forward every waking moment. His hobbies are still Tent-Ball, balls in general, and flying. He loves speed and heights...and his sisters, his Dad, and his Mommy.  

Stella loved trucking with Dad. She enjoyed the trip up to Mayo Clinic with us, too. She loves it best when we are all home together, though. She has a birthday coming up soon. That will be another post.

 We have all enjoyed having Dad (Bill) home between jobs. He got some things done around the house, which I appreciate, too. We are now getting accustomed to his new schedule. We are still busy but in a good way!

Thanks for your patience and for sticking with us. I will be posting and sharing more, again, as well as visiting you all. 

So, tell me, how are you?


Shared with:
This week's topic: "How are you? Honesty required."

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like pretty good news all the way around...not the knee deal but the resolution.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are working on the positives and are very thankful for them.
      Mayo has always helped me, even when local doctors had failed me. A local Dr. messed up my right ankle; I could not even walk. Mayo Phoenix did a successful revision.

      Delete
  2. Ditto! We hope you will be able to work through the other health issues as quickly and as easily as possible. Purrs from the boys!

    Great news re: Bill's new job, that's fantastic! We're glad he'll be home so much more.

    We're also glad to read everyone else is doing well, or as well as possible.

    Life at our end has been a bit too crazy lately...but it's still a good life! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kea, I am always happy to hear from you, and happier to hear all is well with you! Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Good luck, glad everybody is as well as possible..My life is about to get a little crazy for a while too..My ex husband is having a knee replacement of the right knee and I'll be helping him get to physical therapy visits 3 times a week..Knee replacements these days work very well.. We are told that the physical therapy feels strenuous, especially at first, but it becomes obvious almost immediately that a knee replacement recovery is very doable..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I had both knees replaced locally in 2009. They were never right. Local Drs could not figure out why. Mayo explained the implants were not the right ones for me. The tendons and ligaments were being continually hyper-extended. Again, Mayo has to fix for me what local Drs failed. So, joint replacements are serious.

      Delete
  4. We are sending tons of purrs your way and we're glad to positive changes are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, guys. Bill and I should both be around more, in different ways. I hope to see him become involved in his music again.

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about the need for the surgeries again...that is a total bummer. Will they be done in MN or AZ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mayo Rochester (Dr. L.) replaced my hips in 2007/2008, with no problems afterward. Dr. L. will do the knee replacement (revisions) surgeries this time. Mayo Phoenix (Dr. K.) did the ankle revision, as that is where Dr. L. sent me for the best ankle Dr. for me then (2012). Mayo Clinic is the very best for healthcare. They have sorted out and treated several issues for me that local Drs could not resolve, as well as errors that they made.

      Delete
  6. I did not realize so much was going on...I guess I have not followed you long enough. My FIL was a truck driver, but had settled down to a local route when I met and married my husband. I am glad for your for the change...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill will be driving a dedicated route over five states. We are hoping that this works out well! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Dear Annie, I'm so glad Bill is working closer to home and will be home on weekends and holidays. i hope that your health problems will clear up and that you next knees replacements will be successful this time.
    Those cats are so lucky to have you caring for them.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. You are so sweet. Our FurKids, cats and dog(s), are always pretty spoiled. But they are worth it! HUGS!

      Delete
  8. Oh I am so happy to hear that you will have your wonderful man around more!! And I am bet he is happy to be able to stay close to home too. Good news all around; except for your knees. My dad has had both knees replaced too, and even though it was hard; what a world of difference it made. Will keep you in my prayers for that. I have one bad knee too, and I can see that is possibly my future as well. That's why I try to keep it exercising to keep that leg strong. Happy to hear all the fur babies are doing well too! That George must be a sight to see with all his energy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad your Dad had such good results the first time. This will be my second double knee replacement, and therefore more complicated. I do trust Mayo Clinic, and I am glad they teach others. They are the best. As for George, he is a blessing...and comic relief.

      Delete
  9. I am so happy that Bill is home more regularly, and that the babies are well. Chloe Jo, you are still mommy's pretend little girl. Moms aid unless a test says otherwise next week, she is doing amazingly well.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. This news is the best ever! I always know when you are quiet that life is happening for you! I love all of the kitty news, too! But...the Bill news is the best of all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such good news, that Bill will have a regular route and routine! Also, i love that all the critters are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the update. I am glad there is a lot of good news. I am sorry you need knee replacements again though. That is great news about Bill's job and Chloe Jo. I will be praying for Maggie. Do cats need shots every year? In Massachusetts, it is every 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such great news about Bill's new route and schedule! And about Chloe Jo's checkup! :)

    Sorry about your knees, and those health issues, McGuffy Ann. We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, for sure.

    Things are crazy and busy here, but we are doing well. No complaints! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to hear Bill will be home weekends. I know that life will be more organized and a bit easier for both of you. Happy blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed reading this well written and compact newsletter! Hope the knee surgery is successful this time, Annie....Sending healing prayers your way...:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry about the knees and other health issues but what great news that Bill will be home more. That makes my heart happy because I know that is a difficult life when he is on the road so long. That is good news. Thanks fro the update. We are all still right here whenever you do have time to post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. guys....veree nice ta heer frum ewe again.....we iz buzzed happee that for de most part everee onez trip two de ewe now wear place oh eeeeeeevil wented sew well

    we iz glad yu mom iz gettin her kneez fixed N just in time ta run de boston marathoin 2017

    N we iz mega buzzed happee bout yur dadz new job....conga ratz two him....& stella....thiz bee grate mewz for ewe......noe mor speedin tickitz !! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've been very busy with some major life changes, and they all sound very positive. It's unfortunate you need both knees worked on, but hopefully that will go well. Good news for all the animals. George flying....I can only imagine what craziness that must bring to your life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so happy about the change in Bill's job. It is going to make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad things are going mostly well, other than the knee stuff.
    Unfortunately, or realistically, I've never been one of those people that can keep it positive when I don't feel positive. My spring depression is very bad this year. So in the spirit of not being a "Debbie Downer" or "Negative Nellie" (I really hate such terms) I won't expound and will simply hope that good things keep happening for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete