Saturday, May 7, 2016

Apron Strings


The apron is made of blood, sweat, and tears,
with pockets to safely hide away fears,
worn by a mother from the moment she knows
that within her, safely her baby grows.
She wears it out of love and pride,
to keep her children safe by her side,
knowing someday her babes will be grown,
and will leave to raise babes of their own.
Still, those ties she will never sever,
but will loosen them to remain forever.
Love was there from the very start 
and binds them forever, heart to heart.


Poem: McGuffy Ann Morris
Image: Free Domain


Shared with:

15 comments:

  1. Perfect story for Mother's Day. I love aprons - I wear a delightfully paint stained one in the studio and another blue & white striped one while cooking in the kitchen. I like the feel of the strings tied around my waist. It reminds me of the time when my children would hang on to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great poem for Mother's Day. Thanks again Annie for the beautiful e-card. You are the nicest most thoughtful person to remember me. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely poem! Lovely post, thanks Annie, for this and for visiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful poem. Perfect for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect poem...now let me get my apron off the hook...LOL!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice and it reminds me of the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured it. The strings loosen, but they are never severed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely words to a beautiful apron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww - that is so sweet! What a lovely and awesome poem, perfect for Mother's Day. Happy Sunday, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Annie, and yes it does - hearts remain connected no matter what distance life puts between. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hearts are the glue that hold us together. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful poem for this day!! I actually even have an apron that my mom bought for me! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very sweet poem of a mother's love, Annie. :)

    ReplyDelete