Friday, May 13, 2016

Friendly Fill-Ins: Week 1


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins"! Each Thursday we will post four statements with blanks for you to fill in. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen of 15andmeowing.com. The final two statements are proposed by myself. On Friday, we will post our completed fill-ins with a link for you to join us with your completed fill-ins. Have fun!

1. I want to stop holding onto things that I do not need and start keeping only what I really need. I mean this both figuratively and literally. I think most of us keep things as keepsakes of fond moments in time. However, we tend to carry baggage, too. Age teaches us what is important. I am learning.

"The Pharaoh's Fury" terrorizing 
unsuspecting people at another carnival

2. I haven't ridden a carnival ride in many years. The last one was “The Pharaoh’s Fury”. I spent what felt like an eternity, bouncing around in my seat, holding onto the child I was with, trying to keep her safely in her seat. With my other arm, I held down the little girl in front of me, who was tiny, alone, and screaming in fear!

3. I believe in karma. I think that the energy we put forth in the world will come back to us in some way or form, sooner or later (and you don't always get to choose when and what.) This applies to both good and bad energy. I try to be conscious of this in everything that I say and do. I want to be a positive force to myself, as well as to others.

My Granny

4. My earliest memory is at two years of age. I have a few from that time period, but I think my earliest was of my Granny. It was Summer, and we were visiting family in Tennessee. I was in a playpen, outside in a yard. I remember the white farmhouse with a big wrap-around porch. Granny was leaning over my playpen, looking down at me. She had her grey hair pulled up in a bun, and was wearing her trademark cardigan sweater with pockets. I went back there to visit relatives with my Dad when I was 23. Granny was no longer there. I told Dad that I recognized the house and shared the memory with him. He told me that it happened exactly that way and that it was indeed Granny that I remembered. My Dad is gone now, too. I miss them both.



Granny said, "It all comes out in the wash."
May karma serve you well!




22 comments:

  1. We gotz the code to works from Linky - fur some reason the code on 15 And Meowing was missing sumthing.

    Weze also wondering if any other blogspot folks are getting this error message when adding a linky code: "This page contains HTTP resources which may cause mixed content affecting security and user experience if blog is viewed over HTTPS. Fix. Dismiss. Learn More."

    Weze been having this error message for almost 2 weeks now and weze haz to say Dismiss or not works.
    -Katie Kitty Too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that message, too. I ignored it and it worked. With that being said, I am glad you are here! I hope you will join us regularly, too! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. oh and the mom loves your memory of Granny. One of her first memories is being in her Granny's lap - Her great grandmother... Purrz, Katie Kitty Too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Friday fill-ins!! And, just a note, WordPress blogging platform doesn't support Linky Tools. It's back to copy and paste for folks like me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely memories of your grandma. I enjoyed reading these. I will try to join in sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys for hosting this fun meme. Love the picture of your Granny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your thoughts about karma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fill-ins! I am so glad that you and Ellen are hosting this challenge, and I look forward to participating each week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers! I believe in Karma too and your Karma Kitty is too cute:) You are so lucky to have memories back that far. I like how you add photos too, that is a nice touch. I haven't been on a ride in at least 20 years, that one looks scary. I am glad your linkies are working- I need to get mine fixed. So happy that people are linking up. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deep.

    I'm trying to fill in my blanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, we reap what we sow, and i want to plant only good seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pray that Karma exists, especially for those who do wrong to others. I thought of doing this fill-in, but I just couldn't come up with good answers in all cases. Had I done it, the memories I was going to use were ones with my grandparents. I spent more time with them during my childhood than with my parents. I loved that you shared a photo of your granny. I hope to join future fill-ins, Annie. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great questions and great answers! I am focusing on #1 and getting rid of what I don't need too. It is amazing how little we really need. It is the memories we should hold close, not the stuff, and certainly not the baggage! #2-I don't do carnival rides at all, they make me sick. My mother forced me to ride one with her once, thinking it would help me overcome my fear and motion sickness. It didn't. #3-I absolutely agree that karma exists. I've seen it play out in my life and many others. This is something we should all be taught at a very young age. #4-What a sweet and wonderful memory to hold in your heart. I am certain that your granny's spirit stays close to you and smiles at the strong and caring woman you've grown up to be!

    I'll be back later in the day to check out all the other entries, I am excited to see such a good response to your new blog hop! I'll be looking forward to it each week from now on! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lot of fun. Hope we can get past our procrastination and get it done every week. Maybe every other should be our goal
    Timmy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for bringing this back. I loved doing this with Hillary and sad to see it go. Looking forward for more fill in Fridays. Thanks again. :) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's really awesome that you have such an early memory of your Granny. I miss mine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so with you on #1! ~Island Cat Mom

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post, Annie. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful set of fill-ins, McGuffy Ann. Love the picture of your granny. Coincidentally, one of my first memories is of my grandma visiting when I was about 2 1/2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, I think I remember exactly when I was born. I remember the hospital and everything. But I am not sure. Anyway I hope to join in the fun! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great fill-ins, Annie! :) I loved the reading all...but the karma part was really insightful....!Bravo girl...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE that ride!! I took my son and daughter on it last summer, and my son was so overcome by that feeling when it reached the highest point that he swore and then immediately said "sorry mom." LOL I couldn't really blame him since I WAS thinking the same. LOL

    I'll have to catch up next week because I was gone all weekend this time. :)

    ReplyDelete