Friday, May 20, 2016

Friendly Fill-Ins: Week 2


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins"! Each Thursday we post four statements with blanks for you to fill in. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen of 15andmeowing.com. The final two statements are offered by myself. On Friday, we post our completed fill-ins with a link for you to join us with your completed fill-ins. 

Okay...let's share! Here are my completed statements:

1. Everyone should read poetry. I believe the more you read poetry, the more you connect with yourself and others through it. Reading poetry can be inspiring on many levels. I sincerely believe that there is poetry in every living thing


2. My first cat was a rescue. I was 12. Our next door neighbors tended to acquire pets that did not stay around for long. One day, their 9-year old boy was throwing something around and yelling. I went outside to see what he was doing, just as a young cat ran into my yard. I quickly scooped it up. The boy started yelling at me about his cat. I said, “This cat is in my yard, so it is my cat.” Still holding the cat, I turned around and went in my house. I named the cat Schatzie and we became inseparable

3. My favourite time of day is night because it is proof that day has completed itself. You can almost feel it relax as it contemplates its accomplishments. Night also gives us a chance to quietly contemplate things, including our own selves.


 4. I think dreams sustain us. They offer hope and keep us going. Dreams may follow us through life, or they may change with the scenery of our journey. Yet, the possibilities our dreams offer is always there. I wrote a post about this; it is called "Sweet Dreams".


 

~May all of your dreams come true~


Please link up with us here, or you may answer in the comment section if you prefer.


21 comments:

  1. Great answers. It doesn't surprise me that you were rescuing cats when you were a child. I a, glad you did, if you have a photo, I would love to see Schatzie. I agree with you about poetry and plan to start reading more of it. And our dream answer was similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I agree whole-heartedly about dreams and poems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! And I love the graphics you use to illustrate them. Thank you for hosting this fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love your answers, especially the one about your first rescue cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting this fun blog hop. I like the photos you posted with your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers! Thank you for co-hosting this blog hop. It's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome answers, Annie, and the perfect photos to match! You are right that poetry reaches us in a way that other writings can't. I am not at all surprised that you were starting critter rescues that early, God gave you a special heart for this calling! I like night time too, it is a wonderful time for reflection. It's the middle of the day that I'd like to nap through! ;-) Dreams are, for the most part, wonderful. I've met up with people that I've missed so much that way, and gone on amazing adventures too! These were great questions and I'm delighted to see folks joining in! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Night is good... love your #3. I can so see you with that kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, your answers are always so thoughtful and often reflect how I feel. I wanted to do the fill-ins today, but had another post set to go. I definitely plan to do this in the future. I am really happy that you and Ellen have resurrected this. Have a great weekend. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those were great and rhe dream one was right on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you've got some great answers here Annie !!! we are night owls here as well; so much so, that as stupid as it sounds, I HATE daylight savings time ~~~~~~

    da tabbies say: heerz two a gulf menhaden { this ree lee IZ a fish !! } kinda week oh end ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the picture of the kitten! Poetry is not my first love but I do like how it brings on contemplation and meandering mind journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those were great answers. I love how you rescued that cat. We've had a couple of cats that we acquired in similar fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We really enjoyed reading your answers. Good for you for rescuing that cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poetry is worth the effort it can take to get to know and understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the night because that is when I can relax and sleep. I like poetry too sometimes. I love your number 3!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Annie! I love your name. It was my great-grandmother's name and is the name of my main non-Wordpress blog. I hope to participate here each week via my WP blog. Thanks for a fun weekly event. :)

    I enjoy poetry and have written quite a few poems over the years. I finally got brave enough to publish a few of them a few years ago.

    We are also a cat-loving household. :)

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all for joining in for Friendly Fill-Ins! Your answers are fun, though-provoking, and creative, and the sharing is warm and wonderful! Have a great weekend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for hosting the event. It is new and exciting.I've joined the meme and posted the completed statements just now. Your idea about poetry is great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't decide between day and night and which is best! I love the energy of the day and seeing all the beauty of Nature all around me. But I love the still quiet of night, which suits my reflective side. I suppose by Nature I am more night owl though.

    I will have to change my feed settings for your blog, because I didn't get the email notifications for the hop until Sunday, so it was too late to join in. :(

    ReplyDelete