Friday, June 10, 2016

Friendly Fill-In: Week 5


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins"! Thanks to Ellen of 15andmeowing.com for being my co-host each week. I am very happy to partner with her! Okay...let's share our thoughts! 

The statements this week are:

1. I used to love to eat _____________________, but now it repulses me. 

2. I would never eat _______________________, but now I love it. 

3. I always cry                     

4.                           always makes me laugh.

Here are my completed statements:

1. I used to love to eat Twinkies when I was a very small child, but now they repulse me. I actually started to detest them in early grade school. Remember when Twinkies were discontinued on November 21, 2012? Of course, they were back by popular demand by July 15, 2013.


2. I would never eat beets, but now I love them. Well, at least I like pickled baby beetsBill planted some beets this year. I am curious to see if they come in

3. I always cry when I see the spirit of compassion in an animal. Their capacity to love and connect with others in their world is truly inspiring.  Animals always amaze me


4. Kittens learning and playing always makes me laugh. In general, animals can be pretty funny. I believe they have a sense of humour much like people do.

~Enjoy your weekend!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here! Or, you can answer in the comments.


20 comments:

  1. I don't think that I have ever liked Twinkies.

    The kitty in the video is adorable! Over the years, we've had several that look like that. Too cute. :)

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar used to be my "drug of choice" as i would say. Animals can be the best entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to like Twinkies too. There was also Devil Dogs and Ring Dings. I haven't had any of that stuff in years.

    I love watching animal videos. They do the craziest things and kitties are so adorable.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fill-ins are always great! I'm the same way with Twinkies. Honestly, I think I've outgrown all of those cream-filled, boxed goodies like that. I loved them as a kid, but not anymore. Thanks for hosting this fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about beets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, great answers. I am not a twinkie fan either. I hope your beets do well, they are so good fresh from the garden. And when you thin them, the greens are tasty boiled or raw. Animals are amazing and much more forgiving than humans. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my brother-in-laws claimed he was doing a scientific experiment when he put an unwrapped twinky on the window sill for a year - and it didn't change, except for slight dehydration... totally agree with 3 & 4, but have always eaten beets (preferably pickled) and beet greens, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning! I am not a great fan of Twinkies either, they don't taste like food. I feel the same what about store-bought white bread, we ate it as kids, now it just tastes yucky to me, no texture, no flavor. I have always liked cooked beats and pickled beets and discovered a few years ago that I like beet borscht too, I hope you'll try it! I so agree with you about animals showing compassion, both to humans and other critters too. It's amazing, we could learn from them. And they do have a sense of humor too, I've seen it many times, I think they enjoy entertaining us! :-) Great answers, Annie! Now it's time for me to get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, I want that kitty!!! We are debating adding another cat to our home, but I fear Cashew may be an "only child" type of cat. Ha.
    Twinkies were not my weakness, but those caramel filled chocolate ones... omg Gimme!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your Fill-ins, especially 3 and 4! I played at Sammy's blog... next week 15andmeowing! Love these Fill-ins. I might just do them at my own blog, IF I remember how to publish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please forgive me if I am posting this twice--the phone rang as I was writing the message and when I came back to the screen, I couldn't remember if I had pressed publish. LOL I like beets too, especially chilled and on a salad. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I always relate to your answers, except that I could never stand Twinkies and have always loved beats. But, of course, the fill-ins for the two you created were purrfect as we're the accompany photo and video. The kitten really did make me laugh. Have a really great weekend. I would love to hear from you and find out how you are doing. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fill-ins are great, McGuffy Ann! I still don't like beets ... I think because our mom forced us to eat them when we were children.

    Kitten antics always make us smile and laugh, too!

    Hugs to you, Bill and the furry kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting facts about you.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great answers and a super fun post gang!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool answers! We're MOL @ those kittens playing!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are great responses. I hated beets as a kid too...now I can eat them if they're on a salad. Still not sure about just eating them plain. ~Island Cat Mom

    ReplyDelete
  18. Our eating habits keep on changing as we grow.As we mature we develop liking for foods due to their health benefits, which we hated when young.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to like Twinkies too! Beets are cool.

    : )

    ReplyDelete