Thursday, July 28, 2016

A Busy Summer


Summer does not wait. It flies by, even though its warmth and lazy feeling lull you into thinking that it is endless. There is so much to do and we have been so busy!

The gardens are growing, along with the weeds, both flowers and vegetables are flourishing. Bill has a very green thumb; I try my best to assist him. He does the serious work, while I weed.

The porch and cedar fence need to be re-stained this year. We have a very large yard with a six-foot cedar fence. Bill power-washed the porch and fence and has begun staining. We will be painting the garage next. We need to have them done by fall.

There is fun to be had, too. Bill has been playing some music on weekends, as he is able. He has been giving his guitars a real workout! He truly is a gifted musician.

The dogs have been entertaining us, as well as each other, too. When it isn't too hot, we all go for walks together. Well, the cats stay home. It is just better that way.

So, I am busy with many projects, which doesn't allow much blogging time. I will be posting and around to visit as I can, however. And when it all settles down, I will get back to a routine. I am working on that.

Life gets really busy that way sometimes. It is full of big and little things, and just does not wait. I know many of you are busy, too. Enjoy what you can, and make the very best of it all. 


11 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys ARE busy, Annie! I bet your garden looks beautiful, and it sounds like the fence and porch are well on their way.

    Glad you're all doing some fun stuff, too. And that the cats are enjoying being cats. :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that's the thing -- the more one has (stuff, space, house, yard, etc) the more care it requires.

    Enjoy the summer projects -- and more especially, the fun, relaxing things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a busy time. I have been so lax on my visiting. I hope you can forgive me. It sounds as if you have some really big projects. It is just too hot for us to take on anything that big. You should share some of Bill's music with us. Have a great weekend. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to be out living life, it gives you something to talk about when you come back to write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer is a busy time with much to be done. The good part is that the gardens and the newly done fence and garage will make you happy, and that you have Bill home to take on these projects with you. The Badlands and the Black Hills are truly beautiful, I have many friends there. Papa Bear wants to visit there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, and the summer is moving on far too quickly again as it always does. I'm playing catch up now too after our family camping trip in Wisconsin. We're lucky that I have a single brother in law that so far has delighted in coming and staying with my animals here in our house while we're away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes busy is a good thing, you are accomplishing a lot. It must be nice to listen to Bill play the guitar, we have no musical talent in this house. Have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful - work and play and lots of time for making memories (and music!) together. Mine is just go go go it seem. And no one wants to actually plan any event ahead of time - which is super frustrating for me; but I am trying to go with the flo. But it's left no time for actual blogging lately. I barely have time to collect my thoughts - let alone write them down! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sunflowers! I plant them out front so I can see them when outside and when inside, through the window. Nothing says summer, sun and happiness than sunflowers, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a lot of work, but one of the joys of having a house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weeding is hard work, too! It's nice of you to assist as able. I'm typically on my own, though nobody made me rip out the shrubs out front for a perennial garden. ~grin~ I really enjoy all your posts. Best wishes on your projects!

    ReplyDelete