Friday, July 1, 2016

Friendly Fill-In: Week 8


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins"! Each Thursday we post four statements with blanks for you to fill in. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen of 15andmeowing.com. The final two statements are offered by myself. On Friday, we post a link so we can all share the completed fill-ins.

We want to thank you for joining us each week. Your participation is important. We enjoy sharing with you and getting to know you better through your answers. Please remember to visit everyone on the list. Try to come back and visit latecomers, too. Thanks!

Here are this week's fill-in statements:

1. I never thought I would miss _______________________________, but I do. 

2. Every 4th of July, ______________________________________.

3. If I knew ______________, I would __________________.

4. I have trouble ___________________________.

Here are my completed statements:

1. I never thought I would miss endless Summer, but I do. When you are young, you believe that time goes on forever, especially Summer. Days are long, filled with friends, fun, dreaming, planning, and whatever strikes your fancy. But, as youth slips into adulthood, we lose that innocent view of Summer. It is never the same, again.


2. Every 4th of July, I reflect on America, her history, and what she means to me. As a child in the sixties, I paid very close attention to the world around me, including America’s place in it. Every night, I watched the news with my Grampy. But, it all became very personal the Summer that I turned eleven when my Uncle Eddie came home from Vietnam. He was only nine years older than I. Yet, I learned so much about life from him, including what it means to serve your country from the heart. And what that really means, how it can change you. I loved Uncle Eddie unconditionally.


3. If I knew I could make a real difference in a situation, I would do whatever I could to help. I strongly believe it is the right thing to do.


4. I have trouble understanding rudeness. It is so easy to be polite. I do not think there is a good reason or excuse to be rude. It is just hurtful. We need to remember to speak to others the way we want to be spoken to. We can avoid many misunderstandings and arguments by what we say, and also, how we say it .

God Bless America
~Land of the free, because of the brave~

Wishing you a blessed weekend!

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments.   

22 comments:

  1. I love the images that you have chosen for this post, especially the helpful little gray kitty. So sweet. :)

    Thank you for co-hosting such a fun meme. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous answers on your fill-ins! This is such a fun way to learn things about our friends.....Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs, Pam and Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about Summer--the idea that it stretches out in front of you and you have all the time in the world. Now I wait for the summer heat to be over--probably not a good attitude. :-) It really is so easy to be polite--or to just not say anything in a situation where it would more more harm than good. My dad was my example of someone who served in country without fanfare but with great commitment. He served during WWII. Today is his birthday--he would have been 95. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right about rudeness. If i find myself wanting to snap and be rude, i know i am too tired, too upset, or too something, and i take a moment to breathe so i won't open my mouth and insert my foot.

    Hope you have a beautiful Independence Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful fill-ins you always have. So profound and heartfelt. Thank you for hosting this challenge! We always enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such beautiful answers. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers and I love all the kitty photos you found to go with them. Your Uncle sounds special, I am sure Vietnam took a toll on him as it did to all who were there. I know what you mean about rudeness, it amazes me how many can't even say thank you when I hold a door. I hope you and Bill have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought I would miss "horsing" this much, but I do.
    Every 4th of July, we get out of town and away from the fireworks.
    If I knew it would be the right thing for us, we would have moved several years ago.
    I have trouble getting off the computer and doing some much needed exercise!

    Beautiful Fill-ins, Annie! All four of them, your words are powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your answers and laughed out loud at #4 ... if you aren't officially a Southern Woman, you must be at heart. ... I don't know how many times I have met an obnoxious person and either thought, 'how rude!!!' OR 'bless his/her heart'....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful answers.

    I love your last one about America being the land of the free because of the BRAVE.

    THANKS, and have a wonderful weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Friendly Fill-ins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those were great answers and we just do not tolerate rude well at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooopz...sum timez de food servizz gurl haz fry dayz off sew we get used ta de hole thurzday thing....we putted R answerz on yesterdayz post ~~~~~ N high paws two yur mom on sum total lee grate answerz ☺☺☺

    heerz two a flagfin happee 4th kinda week oh end…..see ya twooz day ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very good answers. I remember way back when. It seemed like the days were 100 hours long. It seemed like ten years between one Christmas and the next one. Now it seems like we get through one and it is time for the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year is going too fast.

      I can't believe it is July.

      Delete
  14. If only we appreciated youth when we are young. I have been feeling old this week...I am old but don't usually feel like it. Maybe it is because time seems to be speeding up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I miss summer too! And long holidays, where I don't have to go into work the next day after. Iz wantz to help too...

    I hope you have a happy 4th!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful fill-ins. I would have guessed no less from you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very thoughtful answers, as always. Vietnam was such a defining factor in our lives. My step brother was much changed when he returned, and he ended up committing suicide. We had been quite close before he was drafted, but I didn't recognize anything about him when he returned. If only no one ever had to go to war again. Our world is so messed up now with constant terrorism, I know that wish will never come true in my lifetime. Have a safe holiday. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your answers this week, McGuffy Ann. Especially the ones you provided for #s 3 and 4. I 100 percent agree!

    Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice. Thank you for sharing. And I think we are much alike. ~grin~ Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I miss those wonderful carefree days of childhood summers too! We had no idea at that time how our lives would change when we were grown up! For me, The 4th of July is a time to reflect on freedom, with all the rights AND responsibilities that accompany it! I am sad when I see people being rude and hurtful to each other without even caring. Great questions and answers, Annie!

    ReplyDelete