Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Happiness Tag


We were recently given the honour of The Happiness Tag. Our dear friends at The Cat on My Head blog have nominated us. We are so thankful that we make them happy, as they are very special to us, too. I am especially pleased that my writing touches you. Thank you, Kitties Blue. We love you all.

The Tag Responsibilities and my Responses:

1. List five “things” that make me happy…
              a) Giving and receiving love makes me very happy. Obviously this includes love with my husband of 35 years. However, this also includes others that I am blessed to love and be loved by: friends, family, and yes, even critters of all kinds.
              b) I find happiness in poetry and literature. I enjoy both reading and writing. It makes me happy to connect with a writer through their thoughts and words. It also makes me happy to have someone connect with what I feel and write.
              c) Music makes me very happy. I always say that there is a soundtrack to my life. I can hear a song and be taken back to when I first heard it. I can capture what was going on in my life and relate the song to people and events. Songs are very important to me. I am very blessed that Bill is an extremely talented musician. He plays the guitar with a keen understanding of music theory, arrangements, and the guitar itself. He also can play any genre of music with deep feeling and skill.
              d) I find a deep happiness in nature. There are certain places that I feel totally at peace, and many of them are in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I wrote a poem, "Brockway", that explains this. It can be found on my Poetry page.
              e) All animals bring me sheer happiness, plain and simple. They are genuine in their behavior and interactions. I love to watch them, learn from them, and am very happy, even blessed, to have them in my family and life.

2.List five favourite songs that make me happy…
              a) Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Judy Garland)~ This song makes me teary, but it makes me hopeful, too. There is happiness in hope.



              b) What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)~ This song always offers perspective, reminding me of the important things in life. It is indeed the simple things that bring me real happiness.


              c) Happy Together (The Turtles) ~This is the song that Bill christened “our” song. We had been friends for three years before getting serious. This song was how he felt at that point in our relationship. It was true for us…and still is.



              d) "Linus and Lucy" (Vince Guaraldi)~ This song is pure happiness! Woo-Hoo! Happy dance!


              e) Uncloudy Day (Willie Nelson)~ This song is near and dear to my heart. Again, it is positive and hopeful. We need that in this world.


3. List five bloggers who make me happy…(not counting The Cat on My Head, who tagged me!)…
              a)Ellen of 15andmeowing .com…for the things she does for cats and people, too.
              b) Trout Talkin' Tabbies…their posts always make me laugh and feel good.
              c) Animal Shelter Volunteer Life…for all of their wonderful work with shelter cats
              d) Four-Legged Furballs…who are so sweet and always make me smile
e)Jeanne Foguth of Purrseidon…who always offers something fun and interesting 

We are nominating these five blogs for The Happiness Tag. We thank them for the happiness they share and hope they will accept the challenge of listing things and blogs that make them happy. But, we understand if they are too busy. We love them, anyway.

Thank you, again, Janet & Kitties Blue! Big Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, and of course congrats on your much deserved Happiness Tag! I love your answers. They're just as thoughtful and profound as all of your writing. I especially love that you have "Linus and Lucy" on here - I adore that song, and Snoopy!

    Thank you so much for nominating us! We will be working on our responses for these fun prompts and will post them in the next few days. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your list and I love the songs you chose too, reading this post made me smile and feel happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. guys...manee thanx for thinkin oh uz & de shout out...de food servizz gurl izza pantz butt tho N willna let uz play a long with awardz & such any mor.....N yea, charlie brown ANY kinda mewsic total rocks....

    N how awesum yur mom & dad sell a bratez 35....total lee kewl ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your happiness tag- you truly deserve it. I know you make me happy and so many others. Thank you for nominating us too. I am honored that I make you happy.Very nice music choices. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a loving woman. IT shines in everything you write.

    By the way, I sent you an email. I hope you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased that you accepted the tag and challenge. It gives us insight into each other that we wouldn't normally get. I used to play Somewhere Over the Rainbow on the piano and love that song. And that Turtles song is a great one as well. You picked some excellent blogs to receive the tag. Much love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love, love, love your answers, Annie! You, your writing, and your friendship make us happy. We are thankful that we bring you some happiness, and so honored that you tagged us. Big hugs, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete