Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Sunshine Blogger Award


Sunshine Blogger Award, is a way of recognizing bloggers who are positive and whose creativity inspires others. We were surprised when Purrseidon recently awarded us with this award. We are very pleased to know that Purrseidon feels that way about us. Thank you, Purrseidon. If you have not met Purrseidon, please visit this special blog.

We used to have mixed feelings about awards and accepting them. Awards are never necessary, of course. I am always pleased when someone connects with what I say or share. It does my heart good to know that I have connected with someone in a positive way. I think it is special when someone feels that what I say or do is worthy of recognition. For that reason, I do accept awards. When I pass them on to others, it is because I feel they are worthy of that same recognition. Whether they accept or not is their choice, and I respect that, as always.   

Rules:
*Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
*Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
*Nominate eleven other bloggers, adding their links and asking them eleven new questions.
*Notify the bloggers you have nominated.

The Questions asked of me:
1. Where would you live if you could live wherever you wished?
  I would live in the upper Peninsula of Michigan. I truly feel at home whenever I am there. My poem, “Brockway” speaks of this. (It is on my Poetry page.)
2. What is your favorite holiday?
  My favourite religious holiday is Easter, followed by Christmas. As a Christian, these holidays offer hope and forgiveness. I need both, and believe that we all do. I have always loved Thanksgiving, too.
3. What is the top thing on your bucket list?
  I really have no “bucket list”. For me, it is not about the things I do before I die. It is simply about trying to be a good and loving person every day, and finding happiness in that. 
4. What is your favorite book?
  I love “The Prophet”, by Kahlil Gibran, and cannot imagine a library without it. However, there are many books that I love. Some old favourites are: Mary Dove (Jane Gilmore Rushing), The Dogs Who Came to Stay (George Pitcher), Snowflake in my Hand (Samantha Mooney), but there are so very many others!
  Authors that I love include Sherri Wood Emmons, Beth Hoffman, Lesley Kagen, Paula Treick DeBoard, Sarah Addison Allen, Lori Roy, Michelle Hoover, Bob Tarte, to name just a few.
5. What is your favorite movie?
  I am a Bette Davis fan, so all of hers are great, but especially, “Dark Victory”, “Pocketful of Miracles”, and “The Whales of August”. Other favourites movies are, “The Other Sister” and “Benny & Joon”. There are many Christmas movies that I love.
6. If you could take your ideal vacation, where would you go?
  My ideal vacation would be a whale watching adventure off the coast of Alaska, or a Mississippi river cruise, from North to South. Of course, I would be happy with two weeks of fishing up on Lake Gogebic.
7. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
 I wish that humans would realize we are stewards in this world. It is our job to care for each other and all creatures we share this world with. And, I wish that wishes could (all) come true.
8. Do you speak more than one language, too?
  I speak American English. However, I am fluent in Southern and Yooper, too.
9. What is your favorite color?
  I love all greens and blues. However, I have an attraction to the colour grey, too.
10. What’s your favorite way to relax?
  In a quiet place, with a cat, a dog, and a book. Okay, the number of cats and dogs isnot important, but their company is.
11. What is your favorite treat?
  I think my favourite treat is probably ice cream or frozen yogurt. I especially love mint-chocolate chip. Oh, yum.

My Nominations:
*messymimi’s meanderings… http://messymimismeanderings.blogspot.com/
*The Cat on My Head… http://thecatonmyhead.com/

Nominee Questions:
1. What did you want to be when you grow up?
2. Who was your childhood hero?
3. What is your favourite song?
4. What was your first pet?
5. Who was your favourite teacher?
6. What was your best vacation?
7.What is your favourite time of day?
8. Who was your first friend?
9. What is your favourite season?
10. Do you have a phobia?
11. What would you like to do-over?

I hope my nominees will accept this award. I look forward to reading their answers. If not, just know that your blogs brighten my day and I look forward to all of their posts! 

Please know that you all brighten my days. Every one of you, whether you accept awards or not, make my days brighter with your own personal rays of sunshine. I appreciate you all for what you offer and share.

Thank you again Purrseidon for nominating me. You are wonderful. Hugs!

9 comments:

  1. congratulations to you, and to your nominees as well. good to pass around a bit of sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award. Great answers to the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers, Annie! I wish that all wishes could come true too! Although I think we might be surprised to discover that some of the things we wish for wouldn't turn out as great as we hoped they would. That would be a lesson too I suppose! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award! I enjoyed your answers... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Annie. I had forgotten that at one time you didn't accept awards. We had this award a few years back, but are happy to have it again. We all need a little bit of sunshine. I am going to have to think long and hard to come up with some worthy questions. What's a Yooper? Thumbs up to mint chocolate chip; though, I am lactose intolerant. Sometimes my mouth does get the better of me however. The very best is Oreo mint! Love and hugs and more thanks, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoyed reading your answers and they were fun for me as had I filled them in, my answers would have been very similar to your s except for the place you want to be. 2,3,5,7,9,10, 11 are my choices too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your well deserved award- you do spread sunshine all over the blogosphere :) I loved your answers, Snowflake in my Hand is a favorite book of mine. I was sad to see that is the only book the author wrote. Pardon my stupidity, but what is Yooper?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the nomination Annie, it was a lovely surprise!
    I loved your answers so much! I am also extremely fond of greens and shades of grey! Congrats on receiving the award too! I shall come up with my blog soon :) Thanks so much for the love n honour!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Annie. :) I have it posted on PS Annie! now.

    I love Bette Davis, too. :) I don't remember the name of my favorite one (it was forever ago!), but it was a very sad movie.

    Amen to your #7! We should all be willing to help each other. We are all related in one way or another, one big family.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete