Friday, October 7, 2016

Friendly Fill-Ins: Week 22


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins"! You can find the fill-ins here or at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. We have posted a link so we can all share the completed fill-ins.

Your participation is very important. We thank you for joining us each week. Sharing with you and getting to know you better through your answers is what it is all about. Please remember to visit everyone on the list, even if it takes awhile, it is always appreciated!

Here are my completed fill-ins for this week:

1. My favorite store is a bookstore. I especially love a bookstore that is independent, or even a small chain that is unique to an area or region. I love Schuler’s Books in Michigan, and there have been many small bookstores that I have enjoyed visiting.


2. An unanswered prayer I am thankful for is wanting to stay in Colorado when I was 20, when I had to move back to Illinois. Illinois was not what I wanted. I do believe things happen for reasons, though. Back in Illinois, my friendship with Bill grew, we married, and have been together for over thirty-five years. We have been through a lot, but always together.


3. At Halloween, I am always very careful to keep all critters safe. I am especially sensitive to the safety needs of black cats. However, trick-or-treaters, scary costumes and sounds, chocolate and other people treats are all potentially serious threats to critters. We need to make sure that our furkids have a fun, safe holiday, too.


4. believe in the supernatural, because there is so much unknown to man. I believe the universe consists of infinite complex mysteries. Some of these mysteries are natural phenomena within the heavens and the earth. Some mysteries, however, are of a more intangible, spiritual nature, such as angels. I firmly believe in angels and feel a deep connection to them. Of course, some say there are other unexplained, supernatural beings, too. Sometime I will share my Great-Aunt Rachel's story.




~Grab some Halloween fun...but, be very careful!~


Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments.

19 comments:

  1. I love that moon picture with the kitty silhouette. Beautiful!

    I worry about the black kitties this time of year especially, too.

    That hand in the bowl is funny. I wonder what that kitty thought of it?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, believe in angels. Our son will tell you to this day that he was saved by a light. Had something not intervened and he stayed where he was, he would be no more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great filling in this week! Angels are definitely all around us - we just need to "tune in"...I've been lucky to have my important prayers answered - I believe if they go unanswered it was just not "right" for me. Happy Friday!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreeing with you on the angels. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have thought my #1 answer would be a bookstore, but it wasn't. I think it's because I'm 99.9% an e-reader now and we only have one major bookstore left near me and that's about a 40 minute drive.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved your answers and we think you're right about the supernatural!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very interesting about your wanting to stay in Colorado, but having to move back to IL. The very same thing happened to me. I was living on the east coast in my early 20's and wanted to stay out there, but it was not meant to be and I ended up back in IL - met my husband and we are still here. Still hope to live on one of the coasts some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your answers! I also love bookstores, and I live in Illinois. Your #3 is so very important. Also, I very much so believe in angels, too. Thank you again for hosting this wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite store must be a grocery store because I seem to keep going there so often. lol.

    I have several black cats at the barn and the only concern for their safety is that there are coyotes, foxes and eagles around although the other day one of the black older kitten (who is so very curious and mischievous) must have gotten stepped on one of his hind leg by a cow. Now he's walking on three legs and doesn't seem the worst for it. He still climbs and jump off high places.

    I'd love to hear your aunt's story, it sounds intriguing. I believe in angels as the Bible has a lot of stories about angels. I pray to my guardian angel every time I go to bed.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bookstores too. I have to laugh about the above comment. I'm at the grocery store all the time too although I don't know that it's my favorite store.

    It's interesting the way things work out.

    Your #3 is so very important.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy your answers and learning more about you. I believe everything does happen for a reason to help us be where we need to be. Please share your aunt's story soon. Have a great weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I was in high school the small city where we went to shop for clothing had a very small bookstore full of treasures like the poetry of Walter Rinder. It was always my favorite place to go.

    You and Bill were clearly meant to be together, I am glad that prayer of yours wasn't answered too!

    You are right that our furkids need to be protected from the dangers and hyperactivity of Halloween, then they can enjoy it too!

    I agree with all you said about the supernatural, surely there is so much more to creation than what we can imagine or see with just our eyes!

    Thank you for this awesome link-up each Friday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to hear your Great Aunt Rachel's story. I related a story today of my very real encounter with an angel. I hope you are starting to get over your cold and starting to feel better. You are always in my prayers. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you weave in the kitty cats in your responses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your answer's are great!! Love the first meme - I want all the books, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your answers, as usual, Annie. My favorite is your #1. I so enjoy bookstores -- especially independents and used bookstores. The Strand in NYC and Elliot Bay Bookstore in Seattle are two of my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We always enjoy reading your fill in responses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We'll I guess, we disagree on a few things....

    Oh look what was that? Ahh...It's a hand!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed you this weekend! :( sorry that I couldn't join you, but with the Thanksgiving holiday here, it was just crazy busy... and beautiful!! You're one of the people I am most thankful for; your wisdom and spiritual guidance are both a big help to me! xx

    ReplyDelete