Friday, November 11, 2016

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 27


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins"! You can find the fill-ins here or at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. We have posted a link so we can all share the completed fill-ins.

We thank you for joining us each week. Your participation is very important. Sharing with you and getting to know you better through your answers is what it is all about. Please remember to visit everyone on the list. Thank you!

Here are my completed fill-ins for this week:

1. Civics should be taught in schools. This class used to be mandatory for all U.S. public school students. The lessons taught kids how to be a good citizen, as well as the rights and duties of each citizen. I think reinstituting this class would reunite America and benefit us all. We need to lose the arrogance of entitlement and remember the pride of privilege.


2. The last item I donated was a load of books. I still have so much to donate. I will soon be sorting Christmas decorations to donate, too. That will be pretty involved but is long overdue.


3. My (personal) song is Both Sides Now, by Joni Mitchell, because I deeply relate to the lyrics of this song. By the time my junior high choir sang this song, I had been writing poetry and journaling for quite some time. Lyrics and songs have always been an integral part of who I am. Both Sides Now is an important song on the soundtrack of my life.


4. Three things I am thankful for this week are: that Bill’s job is working out for himthat I am working some writing into my “free” time, and that George is feeling more himself each day. Driving flatbeds of steel is a lot different than hauling refrigerated units of food, so Bill is adjusting to that. My writing will lead to sharing more stories and poetry, again. I am trying to allow myself to be creative while encouraging myself to share. Self-doubt is a terrible thing. George is still on an anti-inflammatory to help regulate his system. The vaccinations really took a lot out of him. When he gets the zoomies, I will know he is fully recovered.



~Make your own special music~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments

18 comments:

  1. What wonderful fill-ins this Friday! I could think of SO MANY things I wish were taught in school - I had to pick one though which was tough! I like yours..... Here's to veterans everywhere for all their sacrifices - past and present.....without THEM where would we be? I don't even want to know!

    Happy Friday
    Hugs, Pam (and Sam)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about the Civics classes -- they are still required here, Hooray for writing more and Bill's job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answers are so perfect! I completely agree on #1. So many people could use a lesson or two in civics. And I am so glad to hear that George is on the mend. We are sending him lots of purrs and prayers! Thank you so much for hosting this! We always have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answers and your photos. So cute!!

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Happy Veteran's Day to all Veterans!!

    My dad loved when we would tell him Thank You...he was a veteran of WWII. Not sure how many WWII vets are still living.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Friendly Fill-Ins

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your answers and the cute kitty pictures with them. I agree Civics should be taught in schools, that was not even an elective when I was in school.
    I had never heard that song so I just looked up the lyrics. It always amazes me that you were so insightful at such a young age.I am so happy that George is doing better and that Bill's job is working out. Have a wonderful weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know Civics wasn't taught in school anymore! It was required to graduate when I was in school. I'm glad George is doing better.Happy Veterans Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie!
    1. I am going to go with your answer, Annie. Civics.
    2. Last thing donated were several items to a kitten and cat rescue we support.
    3. The Right Thing To Do by Carly Simon because it was CH and my song... :)
    4. Three things I am thankful for this week... CH's Mom was released from the hospital yesterday and she is doing remarkably well! I am thankful to all our Veterans! I am thankful for the 12 teeny little cherry tomatoes that were still there for the picking. I made myself a teeny bit of sauce and had a quiet dinner last night... :)
    I enjoyed your Fill-ins and I am tickled by your kitty pictures. I am also happy George is on the mend and that Bill is adjusting to his job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right with your answer on #1. Something needs to be done to help young folks be good citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, I forgot about Civics. That does need to be taught in schools again after the horrible display by liberals after the election. But, what really needs to happen is they need a change of heart first because teaching something isn't going to hold unless the heart is ready to accept it. Have a good weekend, my friend, and thanks for hosting the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We can't wait to see George zomming around either!!hairballsandhissyfits.com!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some schools are not even teaching History prior to the civil war :(.

    Great answers.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Civics is a good one. I was thinking music.
    Thankfully, none of my cats have ever had an adverse reaction to a vaccine so I didn't know it could take so long for them to recover, and even need steroids. That's scary. Raven is indoor only with no exposure to other animals so she gets only a rabies vaccine as required by law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had others react to vaccines, but this was the worst reaction. We vaccinate, even though the are "indoors only". We often have baies who are stray or feral orphans. Ours are all involved in the care, and therefore exposed. Love is for sharing, though.

      Delete
  13. Books are my typical donation too...so I can bring more home without the guilt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so right about civics classes, Annie. There's something really lacking right now. :(

    We love your thankful things in #4. We sure hope George gets the zoomies again soon!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Annie, I am sorry I didn't do the fill-ins this week. What a great song to represent you. I love that song. Some songs I iidentify with times of my life but nothing that represents me. I am so happy to see that you have been writing more and sharing with us. As always, I absolutely loved the memes you selected to accompany your fill-ins. I am sorry I didn't include George in my post today for purrs and prayers. All the Kitties Blue have their paws crossed that he'll be zooming soon. Sending lots of love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that George will be back up to Zoomie-speed very soon. I know that must have been so upsetting all around. I am glad that Bill's job is working out for him. My daddy spent some time as a truck driver when I was little, while Owens-Corning Fiberglas was having a layoff period. He was a Dr. Pepper truck driver and route salesman when I was born. :)

    The kids packed up our Christmas tree and ornaments one year and I have yet to find what they did with the majority of the ornaments. Laynie bought us a new, smaller tree and ornaments last year.

    Thank you and Ellen for co-hosting the fill-ins. They are a fun part of our week. :) Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad to hear that George is on the mend. I had no idea that Civics was no longer required. It is very important. ``

    ReplyDelete