Friday, January 13, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 36


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins"! You can find the fill-ins here or at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. We have posted a link so we can all share the completed fill-ins.

Thank you for joining us each week. Your participation is very important. Sharing with you and getting to know you better through your answers is what it is all about. Please remember to visit everyone on the list. 

Let me also thank all of you for your patience with me, as it takes me longer to visit everyone. Most of you know that Bill is a trucker. He usually gets home on Friday and leaves on Sunday, but the times of arrival and departure vary greatly. Needless to say, weekends are very chaotic for us. There is no "normal" in trucking, so we go with the flow. Bill works hard and we all appreciate him. No one is like Dad!

Okay...here are my completed fill-ins for this week:

1. My guiding word for 2017 is Believe. Nothing can be accomplished unless you believe. If you believe,
anything is possible.



2. I do not have any interest in a class reunion. My high school experience was wonderful. I was very involved in ROTC, where I was extremely successful. Those memories are priceless to me. But, I do not think one can go back and find what was left then and there. However, I believe events and things do stay with us, becoming a part of us. Life keeps moving, as it is supposed to, changing us as we go. As I age, I am more determined to live a happy life today and tomorrow. I want to keep experiencing happy moments and making more memories. "The Way", by Fastball has special meaning for Bill and I, for that very reason

3. Truth be told, I am superstitious about Friday the 13th. I have had several very bad experiences on Friday the 13th. As for black cats? They are blessings, of course!



4. Lately, I have been reading even more than usual. By nature, Winter creates more quiet time for critter cuddling and reading. I am happy to do both. I will be reviewing more books here, again, starting very soon.




~May your Winter be warm & cozy~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments

23 comments:

  1. I love the grumpy cat image!

    1. Don't have a word, just hoping saner minds prevail.
    2. I also have no interest in a high school reunion.
    3. I have no superstitions.
    4. I've also been reading more, and not just cozy mysteries with cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you're guiding word ... my first thought though was "gratitude." For so long, I truly appreciated every thing I had and then I hit a rough patch in the last 6 months of last year and I lost perspective. You can't be happy if you're always chasing something because you can't be happy with the blessings you do have. But I could definitely use some help believing in myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! I know Friday the 13th is kind of an "iffy" day but the Filling In will make it fun I think. Love your answers....I have never had a desire to go to a reunion either. Never. I was happy to move on from high school to start my "real life". My "guiding word" is Angels because I feel Sammy's presence so very strongly that I do feel he will keep me on the road I must travel. Here's hoping this 13th will be a GOOD one for you!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe is a fabulous word, and i hope you have wonderful things happen to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I sorta wanted to attend my 10-year class reunion from back home but I had just had DD#2 and DH was working out of town. He was home on the weekends but between taking care of an infant and toddler all week without DH then I was ready to have time with him. It would be kinda nice to see the old gang again, though. When I was a kid, Friday the 13th had a certain amount of dread but I don't recall anything actually bad happening. I think I've sorta laughed most of the superstitions off over the years. Have a good weekend and hopefully today brings nothing but good luck your way! :) Thanks for hosting the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your guiding word and explanation. If it hadn't been for you I had totally forgotten today's date :)
    Have a wonderful, non-chaotic weekend with Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answer to #1. Although it's not the answer I ended up putting for mine, "believe" is also one of the words I've chosen to guide me this year. And I have just about the same thoughts on #2. I actually enjoyed high school, but I don't necessarily feel the need to go back and relive it. And I must say that while I always enjoy the wonderful graphics you choose, that last one in today's post is especially cute and precious. I love it! Thank you, as always, for hosting this fantastic challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To me High School reunions are always so much fun. I go to my husband high School reunions. Seeing how friends have changed over the years is really something. We all get older with the passing years. Believing is the key to success.

    Renewing old friendships and remembering the fun we had. Every year the group get smaller as some as some have passed away. I enjoy all the planned activities and they are always a blast from the past. A most
    enjoyable event to celebrate.

    I'm not superstitious about Friday the 13th. I think bad luck happens on any day of the week.
    Wishing you a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Julia♡




    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers and coordinating kitty pictures. I like your choice of word for 2017, believing in yourself and that good things will happen is important. Now we need to get you to believe that Friday the 13th will be a lucky day for you for now on. My niece was named prom queen on Friday the 13th ( in 2005) so I like to think of it as lucky. I am not familiar with Fastball, I am going to check that out now. Have a great weekend and I hope you are feeling better. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been reading a lot, this winter. I just started on Louis the 14th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Fill-in answers!! MOL we probably ARE the only ones who want to go to a reunion!!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was born on the 13th so it's never been a problem for me. Fridays are actually even the best birthdays - strange eh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think my reply went on the wrong post.

    I love your word and as always LOVE your photos.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Friendly Fill-Ins

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree that black cats are pretty terrific! And you are absolutely right about "believe" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. GUYS....YUR MOM HAZ SUM GRATE ANSWERZ....WE IZ KNOT SURE WE EVER GRAD EWE WAITED FRUM HIGH SKEWL ?? WE KINDA SNUCK OUT ALL DE TIME....WE NOE WE HATED MATH, HISS TREE & GEO GRAFEE ...BUT WE LOVED LUNCH BRAKE !!

    heerz two a lemon tetra kinda week oh end two all ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the kitty in the cheese picture. Such a cute baby. :)

    Black cats are great. Black and white kitties are great, too. I think Friday the 13th is a cool day.

    Have fun with your reading and have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My sister used to always have black cats. Our family has had a host of black, or mostly black, cats for a while. When we were selling the lottery, we saw many people who thought Friday 13 was very lucky. One boss would not make a slot number 13. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Believe is a great word for the 2017-or any year. I have been reading a lot, too. Teddy loves it because he can sit on my lap for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As usual, Annie, you memes gave me a good chuckle. Love the kitty with the Simon's Cat book. It's interesting about the high school reunion thing. I wasn't popular in high school. I am only in touch regularly with one classmate. But I am enjoying helping to find my old classmates for the 50th reunion. I guess it is the researcher in me. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to earn more about each other each week. Sending you all my love, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. My dad was a truck driver so we completely understand. Love your answers to 3 and 4...winter is definitely for cozy reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your guiding word, Annie! "Believe" is wonderful, and so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The kitty with Simon's Cat's book made me grin. Happy reading and writing!

    ReplyDelete