Friday, January 20, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 37


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins"! You can find the fill-ins here or at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. When we come up with fill-ins, we don't even know what we will say! We always post a link so we can all share the completed fill-ins with everyone.

Thank you for joining us each week. Your participation is very important. Sharing with you and getting to know you better through your answers is what this is all about. Please remember to visit everyone on the list. It matters.

My weekends are always very busy, as that is the only time Bill is home. Hauling steel keeps him away from home, 5-6 days a week. Thank you for your continued patience in my visiting and commenting. I promise to get there as soon as I am able to give each proper attention.

Okay, here we go...these are my completed fill-ins for this week:

1. Watching how the youth talks and behaves makes me feel old. Times have really changed, but I am not sure that I have very much. I never spoke to anyone the way youth does now. In fact, I still don’t! Respect is not a given anymore, not even self-respect. Heaven, help us all.


2. Listening to the music of my youth makes me feel young. Hearing a favourite song can really take me back to that time. I can even recall what was happening in my life and the world at that timeMy life really does have a soundtrack, and I know it by heart.


3. I have hope for America. There is much turmoil, but America is resilient. She has been through much in her short life. She can do this, if we all pull together for her collective good, and not “special interests”. United we stand, always.


4. Enough is enough. The protests have reached beyond a destructive level. It is time to come together as one. It seems simple, but it starts with treating others the way we want to be treated. Respect. I keep thinking of the song, Get Together. It was written in 1967, but still rings true today. “Come on people now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together. Try to love one another right now.



~America, now is the time to show your true colours!~


Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments

37 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,

    I don't see the linky tool, so here are the links for David's post and my post for this week. Thanks for all that you and Ellen do for all of us each week. Have a blessed day!

    David's post: Friendly Fill-Ins

    My post: Friendly Fill-Ins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are both entered onto the list! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. It's funny how music can transform us and transport us to a different time altogether :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all of your answers, but pray that everyone listens to #4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those who didn't vote for Obama didn't behave this way. They tried their best to pull together. It's time for those who didn't vote for Trump to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fill-in answers....music takes me back too and I can remember JUST where I was and what was going on from hearing an old song. Sometimes makes me feel ancient! I hope the world comes together too - turmoil is difficult to live with every day...in our own homes (!) and in the world! Love your graphics as always too.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny, listening to the music of my youth can actually make me feel old, because I realize how many decades it's been since those songs first came out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, your answers are so wonderful and I couldn't agree more with them. And I am so very much with you in the sentiment that united we stand! I hope, wish, and pray that everyone will realize this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are big on listening to music to calm the soul here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right about music....some songs can transport Mom back to the time she first heard them.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers, as always. I love hearing a song from my youth while I am driving , it does make me feel young.
    Mostly , I feel old though not understanding all this technology I hope everyone stops protesting and gives the new president a chance to do his job. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent answers as always.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Friendly Fill-Ins

    ReplyDelete
  12. Folks have been upset with the 'youth of today' since before I was a youth. The one thing to keep in mind, is the youth of today protesters, have been growing up into adults of tomorrow, for decades and decades and centuries now. And they will find fault in their youth too. It will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know: the circle of life. I just am aware that the disrespect shown today was not there when I was young. We did not treat elders, or anyone, like that. I think part of it is parenting, part is media, and the almighty Internet.

      Delete
  13. guys...yur momz answerz R grate....

    can de food servizz gurl say her :

    # 3: haza pain in de @zz rite now

    coz her place oh employ iz makin her inn sane rite ......N de peepulz who werk ther az well
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

    faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    heerz two a frogmouth catfish kinda week oh end two all ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food Service Girl works hard. We hope she has a great weekend! Be nice to her! XO

      Delete
  14. You don't hear ma'am or sir anymore. Today everyone thinks that they should be respected but they do not think they should show respect. It is a different world. We consult for several different small, independent truckers. They work hard. They earn every dollar they get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was raised saying "Ma'am" and "Sir". And if you did not do it at school, you got "Pops". Of course, I never did!
      My husband is a trucker. He works very hard, hauling steel. He works too hard for someone in their 60s. But, he has to.

      Delete
  15. For the love of a country, I hope everyone would realize that so much good can be accomplished by cooperation and listening to everyone's needs and to compromise whenever possible.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know better, as Americans. We can do this. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. That was a great song!! And it still holds true today. The probably is everyone is speaking to be heard, and no one is actually listening. Everyone wants to voice their own pain, like there is some kind of weird competition over who is hurting more. Well, we are all hurting: within and each other. It's time to start taking care of one another instead. And I think the tide will change and we will begin to see that. There are more than enough good people in this world :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Annie, your #2 totally speaks to me. I have always said that I don't have room for anything else in my brain as it is filled with song lyrics. When I hear certain songs they always draw me back to specific times in my life. So sorry I have not been around much. Always so much happening. Sending purrs and prayers to you and Chloe Jo as well as love, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. We enjoy reading your responses. You really put a lot of thought into them. We agree about the protests. We don't mind people protesting, but when they become destructive, then it needs to stop. Though honestly, we think those that are being destructive are people who are just looking for a reason to burn and destroy things.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did the Fill-ins at Madi and Mom's blog Friday and I picked rocking to the oldies for what keeps me feel young too! I enjoyed your answers as always, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I decided on a whim to do the fill-ins this morning, so, please forgive that I am so late :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Annie, oops I'm sorry for not linking and visiting before now. I did do a Friendly Fill-ins post, though. We spent most of Friday watching the inaugural gala. It was an excellent way wind the completion of seeing Trump taking the oath of office. :) You're right people today - young and old (meaning anyone older than 30) do not show respect like they once did. Folks are too quick to wag their tongue without thought. The world revolves around more than the person flapping their jaw in discontent. It is time for all Americans to come together as one for the good of the country. Thanks for sharing your responses and for hosting the Friday fun!

    ReplyDelete