Friday, February 24, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 42


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins: Week 42"!  You can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. We have posted a linky list so we can all share the completed fill-ins.

I hope you are enjoying the nice weather. We certainly have been, but now are expecting a bit of snow. Yesterday, I noticed the wild day lilies are actually coming up! I do not recall that ever happening here in February. Winter’s time is growing short, though.

I may be slow getting around this weekend, but I will be there! Bill is home early this weekend and has a chore list for us to accomplish. Thanks for your patience. I am sure we can find some fun in the weekend, too. 


I hope you enjoy your weekend! We thank you for joining us for Friendly Fill-Ins each week. Your participation has made this a great weekly event for us, and we hope everyone else, too. Please remember to continue to visit everyone on the list.

This week’s questions were challenging for me! I am never prepared with answers; that is no fun. So, here are my completed fill-ins:

1. I wish altruism would come back in style. I distinctly remember when this was taught and encouraged by both word and example. It was just the right way to live and be. “Be nice” was the mantra of a kinder, gentler world


                                                                             
2. I always have too much “stuff” in my purse. In all honesty, I always have my wallet, cell phone, and an inhaler, but also plenty of tissue, Chapstick, mints, White-Out, a tape measure, pens, pencils, paper, a nail kit, a small tool kit, a comb, hand gel, lotion, a second set of keys, a book…and more “stuff”. If Bill is around, I end up with his stuff, too! That includes: his wallet, keys, guitar picks, his watch, his lists, and inevitably some kind of hardware!


3. I think that I am truly becoming comfortable with myself as I get older. I know what and who is important. I am not concerned with what is acceptable to others. I do not believe in politically correct, but rather, morally correct. I trust myself to know what is right, but I will admit when I am wrong.


4. Malice is a pet peeve of mine. I cannot understand how or why people can be mean. Kindness seems so much easier for everyone to live with. It is its own reward. The more kindness you put in the world, the more the world spreads it around for all to enjoy!


~Trust your instincts!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments.

21 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right about kindness and altruism, we need so much more of those in the world today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always I love your fill-ins - you always have wonderful things to say AND you also have the best graphics to go along with it all. My favorite spot to stop on Fridays! Have a great weekend Ann.

    Hugs, Pam (and Angel Sam and Teddy too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, Being kind to others. Yes that would be wonderful to see make a come back. People are too quick to be ugly pants to family, friends, and purrfect strangers. In the 80s big purses were a fashion statement (it appears this style hasn't gone out much) and I thought it was necessary to have everything in tow with me. It was difficult to find most things in my purse and it was heavy to tote around. In fact, if I carried it too long then it hurt my shoulder, neck, and back. That was just crazy. Somewhere along the way I began down-sizing content which meant I didn't need a ginormous purse. These days I keep the bare necessities in my bag and when I'm with DH which is most of the time then I don't carry it. I stash it in the trunk. I love NOT being burdened with even my small purse. :) All good fill-in answers. Thanks for hosting the fun and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a kind person, Annie, I am glad I know you.

    FYI - sARTurday most likely will be late(r) tomorrow. I don't have time today as I am about to leave for Toronto and won't be back until late tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be nice.. be kind... works for me. It would so make the world a better place. Chapstick! Oh yeah! #3, I agree Annie. It's easier to say no now too... to things I am not comfortable with. Love your pictures. Thanks Annie... hugs to you. Enjoy having Bill home and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been loving our warm weather. It's also going to get cold again here this weekend, but we hope it won't last long. And, your answers are always so perfect! I completely agree on all of these. Your #1 is so, so true. I know what you mean by #2, as my purse is a nightmare. I just love your answer to #3. It's so profound, and I believe that I am learning to accept myself for who I really am, and not what the world wants me to be. And, of course, your #4 is so perfect and profound as well. Thank you for hosting this challenge, as I always look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Numbers one and four go so well together and I couldn't agree more. I can't stand or understand cruelty and even brief encounters with people who are kind bring happiness. I love the graphic that accompanies number two, LOL. What you said in number 3 is perfect: "I do not believe in politically correct, but rather, morally correct." I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers and, of course, fun graphics! Enjoy your weekend!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your answers and agree with them all. My purse is full too, but I try to use a small one to limit myself. I tease my Mom about hers, one time her shoulder was bothering her so the Dr. weighed her purse and it weighed a lot ( I forgot how much though). I agree kindness is much easier than malice. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful answers as always. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very thoughtful answers but I must know why you have White-Out! I didn't even know that still existed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. guyz...sew.....with all de stuff yur mom haz in her hand bag...we noe tissed her dinna EVEN make menshun oh cat chow, canned goodz, nip and ore grazz....treetz, cat toyz, perch, pizza ore donutz.....what givez ~~~~~~

    heerz two a european perch kinda week oh end two all ~~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answers as usual Annie. You do put more thoughts than me in your answers. I think I feel perpetually rushed.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL on the purse answer...so true.

    And Malice is something I can't understand either.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kindness is pretty darn easy and it's a shame it isn't practiced like it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with you completely! It costs people almost nothing to be kind ... ESPECIALLY in relation to what it means to the recipient - but most people need REMINDING to be thoughtful. And most only think malice is a problem when it's directed at them. I just don't understand. And I'm thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with you about kindness! Also, my purse is a bottomless pit. Too much stuff and I can never find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Annie, as always your answers are inspired. I got a good laugh out of the purse. I try to carry the smallest bag I can to save my neck, but I always have dental floss and a hairclip! I think I can definitely say the same for #3. I am late, and I let Lily do the fill-ins, but I made it. Still super sick. Love, hugs and prayers, Jaet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, I do not have White Out in my purse.. I must get some stat! LOL Seriously, I think I have just about everything else in there. I even keep a spare pair of underwear!! haha
    I am with you on the malice my friend. I just have no use for people of mean spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great fill ins! You must have a big purse to have all that stuff in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Each of these are awesome. I especially like #1. I have a bunch of junk in my purse, too and that usually includes some of Hubby's stuff.

    ReplyDelete