Friday, March 10, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 44


Welcome to this edition of "Friendly Fill-Ins"! You can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. We hope it gives you time to join us. The first two fill-ins are provided by my wonderful co-host, Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. We post the link with our answers, so you can all share the completed fill-ins.

Thank you again, for joining us each week. Your participation has made this a fun weekly event for everyone. We hope you have as much fun as we do. Please remember to try to visit everyone on the list. That is half of the fun.  

Bill has a longer weekend, after a rough week. I will be around to visit everyone, as always. But, it may take some time. Speaking of time, remember to re-set your clocks this weekend. "Spring forward, and Fall back". 

We hope you all have a great weekend, but with this unstable weather be careful to stay safe!

Here we go...my completed fill-ins for this week are as follows:

1. I hope Criminal Minds gets renewed for another season. I have been a fan of this show from the start. I find the study of behavior analysis extremely fascinating.


2. My first crush was in Kindergarten. His name was Mark. We were total opposites in every way. He was Jewish and quiet. I was Gentile and bold. Mark lived next door to my babysitter, who was in high school. I remember Mary having a party; everyone from the neighborhood was there. She and her boyfriend were dancing. Mark asked me to dance, and so we did. Everyone was oohing-and-ahhing. We felt so grown up. He then kissed me on the cheek


3. Real injustice usually makes me very distressed. I want to see things righted. Perceived injustice makes me feel very disquieted, though. There is much injustice in the world today. However, there is a serious difference between “rights” and privileges.


 4. If I were a super-hero, I would be invisible and unknownAll of my good deeds would be unexplained and untraceable. I could fly, enter any place, and escape through any opening. I would be my own secret.


Remember: 
you don't have to be super to be a hero!

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments

20 comments:

  1. Annie I always enjoy your fill-ins...! So you had your first crush in kindergarten - for all I know I may have too but I don't remember one. Dewey was memorable though, I think because he ignored me. Love is blind! Have a great weekend.

    Pam, Sam and Teddy too

    ReplyDelete
  2. These fill-ins were so fun, and your answers are as fantastic as ever. I don't watch it, but Criminal Minds must be good, for it to be going strong for so long. And your #2 story about your young love is too cute. Your answers to #3 and #4 are so profound, and I love the idea of being a secret superhero. Thank you for hosting this always fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, Enjoy your time with Bill. I totally get ya! The map of a cat's brain is good. :) Criminal Minds is a series we have yet to try. I added it to my Netflix Watch List but we're currently mostly stuck on sci-fi programming. I got my first kiss in kindergarten, too. His name was Roger. I betcha he doesn't even think of or remember it. Later in grade school we began girl/boy friends but it wasn't meant to be which is good because I have the best husband ever with DH! I almost went with being Invisible Chick as my Superhero self. You can help others unnoticed and you'd never have to buy clothes again. :D Thanks for hosting the fill-ins and have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Good deeds are best kept secret. If i could, i'd be a secret philanthropist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Fill-ins. Mom loves Criminal Minds too!

    As always, your graphics rock!!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cat brain is so funny! I think we can all be superheroes every day just by being kind. You never know when just one smile or friendly word will really help someone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cat brain... Hahaha! Love!
    Glad Bill has a long weekend... enjoy!
    Love those kitties!
    Thank you, Annie! So enjoying Friendly Fill-ins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your #2 is so sweet! I totally agree with there being a difference between “rights” and privileges. It seems so many feel entitled nowadays and really don't understand the difference.

    That cat brain map is so funny! I hope you enjoy your weekend. I hate setting my clock ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers, I love the story of your fist crush so sweet. I agree with #3 completely. Did you watch Lie to Me when it was on? You would love that crime drama about a man that is an expert in studying microexpressions. You already are a super-hero. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that your superhero answer is absolutely perfect, Annie. :)

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy the extra time with Bill! Sorry about the rough week - hopefully the longer weekend will make up for that. ;)

    YES! I hope Criminal Minds gets renewed, too - like you, I've been watching it from the beginning!

    Love that your first crush was in kindergarten! I'm sure I was crushing on someone then, too, but my brain doesn't remember that far back...OK fine! It was Curtis Lang with a nickname of 'Biddy' because he was a little dude. He got stuck with that nickname through adulthood. :D

    Absolutely agree with your comment about 'real injustice', and invisibility would be a cool superhero. ;) Thanks for hosting - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are good! Super heroes are great, especially the ones who rescue animals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answers, Annie. You are always so thoughtful. Poor super hero cat. She's adorable but looks miserable. Hope you enjoy your extra time with Bill. Is Tuesday when Maggie returns to thee vet? Praying for all of you as I do everyday. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love the memes as much as the fill-ins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your answers are terrific! We love Criminal Minds, too. Great show. We can totally identify with your third answer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The opposite kitties are cute. Opposites attract and usually work out quite well., Suzanne and I are opposites. I can be loud and "on stage". She prefers to be in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. MOL! The memes are hysterical! The mom watches Criminal Minds all the time too...but she says this season has been lacking. And unfortunately the ratings have really been slipping. The mom hopes not enough so it will be renewed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like such fun. What a great idea. Great answers.

    Injustice makes me very distressed as well.
    I like your idea for a super hero.

    ReplyDelete