Friday, March 31, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 47


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins: Week 47"!  It has been almost a year for our weekly get-together. You can find the fill-in statements here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. We post the linky early on Friday, so we can all share our answers. As always, the first two fill-ins are provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. 

Thank you for joining us each week. Your participation makes this weekly event so much fun for everyone. We always look forward to your answers. Please try to visit everyone on the list. You will be glad that you did.

If you are participating in the A-Z Challenge, please let me know so I can support you. Feel free to share your own Lifeblood Songs in my comments, as I post mine each day of the Challenge. These Lifeblood Songs have lyrics that are especially meaningful to me. Some songs may hit home for you, or there may be other songs that speak to you.  

I hope your weekend is both relaxing and rejuvenating. Enjoy!

Okay...here are my completed fill-ins:

1. The first thing I think about in the morning is medicating cats and letting dogs out. Then, while everyone eats their breakfast, I start my coffee. Yes, these are my priorities, in order.


2. The last thing I think about before sleep is my blessings. God and I chat. I thank him for everything that I have in my life. Then, I ask for strength in dealing with my trials. Finally, I take care to really listen for His guidance.


3. I am looking forward to seeing how the A-Z Challenge develops this year. Again, I invite you to share your thoughts on my A-Z Lifeblood Songs posts. Please make sure to let me know if you are posting for the challenge, too.


 4. I am so pleased to be doing more creative writing. Over this past year, there were some changes in my regular writing challenges. Some ended, some changed the way they operate, some had (apparently) insurmountable technical glitches. I have been trying to find new inspiration and connections while seeking new challenges. A wonderful friend knows I am struggling with this. In her thoughtful way, she sent me an excellent book of writing prompts. I cannot say how much this means to me. (You know who you are. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hugs.)



~However you partake in the A-Z Challenge: 
daily posting, reading, or both...enjoy it!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments

20 comments:

  1. You kitty images are great. I especially enjoyed the Writer's Block kitty. :)

    I had intended to join in the A to Z Challenge this year, but at this point I am not sure if I will or not. I can't seem to pin down any theme or idea. Maybe I'll just do a random thought of the day for each letter. I don't know. We'll see how it goes. At least I don't have to worry about the eye surgery happening during April to interfere with it. :) Thanks for your prayers for my vision.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a cat blocking my writing. I seem to have a grand-dogger who wants to block my writing. She wants to sit in my lap when I am trying to type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answers today Ann.....can identify with many of them in various ways....my writers block had nothing to do with a cat but I know it's not FUN being blocked by WHATEVER the reason! First thing in the morning and last thing at night are special times of the day - being grateful to wake up to enjoy another day...then praying at night to be GIVEN that next day to enjoy. Interesting isn't it? Have a wonderful Friday!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. As per my usual, i will be meandering through April A to Z.

    Praying you find inspiration for your writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you and I have a great deal in common. When my angel Rosie was still with me, my first task every morning was giving her about a dozen medications and feeding her. None of my current furbabies take meds, but feeding them is my morning priority. Also, I try to pray every night before I go to bed as well. A little chat with God sure can put the day into perspective. I cannot wait to begin the A to Z Challenge tomorrow. It's my first year doing it, and I think it will be great fun. I also love to do creative writing. On top of the A to Z Challenge, I'm also participating in an April writing challenge. It's not blog related, but I hope to use it to complete a story or two that I have wanted to write for quite some time. Thank you for always hosting this fun and fantastic challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to your Lifeblood Songs! About cats and writing...they can block your writing, but they can also inspire it. If only you can get them to move off the paper and stop grabbing the pen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitty pictures for this post crack me up! #2, yes you can heers an Amen! I look forward to your beautiful words through the blog challenges and also looking forward to your A-Z Challenge. Good Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful answers.

    I express my thanks for my blessings throughout the day, but I need to do it before I fall asleep too. THANKS.

    Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Friendly Fill-Ins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your answers! While my answer to #1 was coffee, I actually do tend to the furbabies first - let the dogs out, treats for the kitties, treats for the doggies when they come back in, and make sure everyone has food and water. :)

    AMEN to #2! :)

    I'm participating in the A-Z Challenge for the first time ever this year! Hopefully I'll do the challenge justice. I'm looking forward to your Lifeblood Songs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent answers, as always. Mine was the same for #2, prayer is so important. I am looking forward to the A-Z challenge too, I can't wait to see what songs/lyrics you choose. I have a feeling they will be some of my favorites. One of the bloggers is doing writing prompts, I will have to look that up and let you know who it was.I am glad you are doing more writing, you are so good at it. Have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. The first thing I think of in the morning when I am sitting on the edge of the bed is getting ready to go work out after clean ups and kitty chores.

    2. The last thing I think of before sleep is exactly as you, McGuffy. And I continue that praise and prayer and gratitude as long as I am conscious and able to do so. It's a privilege.

    3. I am looking forward to summer and Spring showers to photograph.

    4. I am so pleased to have the ability to go walking again this past year and a half after the invasive heart surgery that saved my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you said about writing (and the photo of the cat --explains a lot of my writer's block!)and I agree that poetry and song (much like animals) should always make you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie, your answers are always very good. I have no kitties or other pets to tend to first thing in the morning when I wake up so my first thought (if I'm not late) is to God but then even when I'm late, I guess my first thought is still to God. ''Oh God, don't tell me I'm late this morning" I'm usually a punctual person. lol.

    I love your kitties quotes but especially the video. The poor kitty is very confused as to where the kitten disappeared. So cute.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your answers, especially your answer to number two. That is lovely. I actually do very close to the same. I totally understand the priorities of number one!

    I hope you have a nice weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another week of great questions and great answers by you. My first thoughts in the morning are about my kitties, too, but fortunately I don't have to worry about medicating them just feeding them :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. guyz.....we look for werd ta yur A ta Z songz ... N we noe they start two morrow....we haza bit oh anchorz a way in R mindz eye for song A...coz fishin seezonz all most heer N noe we waz never in de navy ~~ ☺☺♥♥ but de food servizz gurlz grate unkle waz !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those were all so good, good, good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Annie, your fill-ins are always so thoughtful. I am not surprised that our #1 and #2 are similar. Could you please send me the name of the book you mentioned. Hope you have a great weekend. Love and hugs and prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember the days of medicating a cat first thing. Best of luck on the A to Z challenge! I thought about doing it but I'm just not up to it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was such a fun post. Loved the different cat photos and videos. I'm so busy most of the time I barely manage to make 1-2 posts a week so the A-Z challenge is out of the question for me.

    ReplyDelete