Monday, March 20, 2017

My A-Z Theme Reveal



Today is the “A-Z Challenge Reveal”. Last year was my first time to accept the challenge, and I completed the challenge, too. My A-Z list was poetry. I actually enjoyed it, after the initial panic passed. This year, I will accept the challenge again. I will panic again, too. But, then I hope to enjoy it.

My A-Z theme this year is: Lifeblood Songs. I have always said that my life has a soundtrack. For as long as I can remember, music has always been an important connection for me. My earliest memories involve music and specific songs. These songs often hold a time and place for me.

It is no surprise that I married an extremely creative, talented lead guitarist. We had an instant connection, too. Bill admired my writing and I admired his musical ability. Respect and love grew from that kinship.

This April, I plan to share songs that are sentimental or have deep meaning for me. While the music is always important as it has an emotion of its own, the lyrics are especially important to me. As a poet, words are my tools of both communication and survival. Songs speak to me in a special way. With that in mind, I will post both lyrics and a video for the song of the day. The song I choose will reveal a bit about my thoughts and feelings; I may or may not explain them.

I hope that you will enjoy my A-Z theme this year. I hope it moves you in some way. If you are participating in the A-Z challenge, please let me know so I can be sure to visit and support you, too. So, let the fun begin on April 1st! But, before then, I have work to do.  


19 comments:

  1. Music is so important. Great theme.

    You didn't actually leave a link on the Main Challenge blog. You just need to cut and paste the link from the URL bar above, like this.

    https://mcguffysreader.blogspot.com/2017/03/my-z-theme-reveal.html

    Best of luck in the Challenge.
    Heather
    Co-Host, 2017 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be cool and we can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be awesome! I can hardly wait. You have such a lovely way of expressing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. guyz...yur mom picked a grate challenge topic !! we look for werd ta see in de songz her choozeez !! ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your theme and I look forward to your song choices.XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to learning what your song choices are. I wish I didn't have a day job and had time to do interesting challenges like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a good idea. Can't wait to see what songs you like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait. I'll be around regular during the challenge. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great theme! Can't wait to hear the songs! (and I agree that Amarula & Chloe Jo are likely related!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your theme fits you well. My theme, as usual, is no theme, i just meander.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be following and I'm looking forward to your A-to- Z Challenge. I'm sure a lot of preparation and research goes into this sort of challenge. I'm sure it will be very fun and entertaining since it's right up your alley.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love this theme and can't wait to see what songs you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great theme. I look forward to reading (and hearing) your posts next month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love music and it is BIG in my life! I am excited to follow you through this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your challenge! I can't wait for each song!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with this...it sounds like fun!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two things that I say often are that I remember my life in photographs and that if I could remove all the song lyrics stuck in my head, I would have lots of room for newer things. I look forward to seeing your posts. Sending lots of love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was my theme back in 2014 and I really enjoyed it (and got lots of positive comments on my posts). Good luck with yours.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back to another A to Z! Love your theme since I too have that "Life Soundtrack" mode of thinking. You might want to consider also joining a few of us for Battle of the Bands (click link for more info). We do this every 1st and 15th of the month and I'll be incorporating my BOTB posts with my A to Z theme (as I've done in previous years). If you're interested let me or Stephen know so we can add your link to the BOTB list.

    At any rate, have a great April Challenge!


    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete