Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Comes a Time


Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down
Comes a light, feeling's liftin'
Lift that baby right up off the ground

Whoa, this old world keeps spinnin' round
It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down
There comes a time.

You and I, we were captured
We took our souls and we flew away
We were right, we were giving
That's how we kept what we gave away

Whoa, this old world keeps spinnin' round
It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down
There comes a time. 

~Neil Young

Neil Young is a major influence for me. Numerous songs of his are on my life's soundtrack. But, I chose this one as one of my Lifeblood songs. Life is busy from the moment we are born. We try to follow the rules, hoping to make a good life. We learn very early on that in Life we must take the good with the bad.  We keep going because that is what is expected. Life also teaches us that it is meant to be lived with love. And, so it goes. There comes a time when we have to decide what that means for us. 

My Lifeblood Songs: C

33 comments:

  1. I liked this...very poignant. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, boy isn't that the truth... you gotta take the good with the bad in life. Wouldn't it be nice if we could forget the bad? :) Perhaps, whenever you get a chance, check out some critters I drew for the letter "C" in my A2Z series, Art Sketching Through the Alphabet! Happy a2zing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true we have to take the good with the bad and keep going.
    Thanks for the music video.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. I am glad you are enjoying the music. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post, and one of my favorite musicians. Of course I had to play it twice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you. Neil Young is one of my favourites, too. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. I have never heard this song till now... and I am a fan of Neil Young. Love his distinctive voice. Listened to it a couple of times... made me a bit teary this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy this moved you. I love that about Neil Young. That is why he is on my soundtrack. ❤

      Delete
  6. Some days it's easier than others. Some days it's downright impossible, at least for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, we do what we need to do. Sooner or later, we have to.

      Delete
  7. Nice choice. All that matters in life is love, who we love and who loves us. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words, my friend. It all comes down to love.

      Delete
  8. We like that one and the lesson is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great song and well meaning. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. he has so many great songs; can we expect to see a few more in this challenge ? !! there's one for "O" that speaks of the times.... then ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am truly surprised that I don't know this song, Annie. Thanks very much for introducing it to me. It's a good one. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised, too! I am happy you like it. ❤

      Delete
  12. Expectations aside, I think that we keep going because we have to. There's no alternative, really, unless we choose to just be done with life itself.
    I don't think I've ever heard this song before. Thanks for sharing it here.
    Have a blessed night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The expectations are part of it, though. Expectations do come from others, but can also keep us going. Often, they give us purpose. But, ultimately, it is our choice what we do with our lives. Hopefully, we can make the right choices that are in our own best interest, while still keeping others happy. Those who love us will allow us to. No matter what, we have to live with ourselves, though. There comes a time when we reconcile that.

      Delete
  13. I've never heard this song before. Interesting & meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you have heard it, now. And also that like like it.

      Delete
  14. Yep, this old world keeps spinnin' round.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, those words. Another fine choice, Annie. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete