Friday, April 14, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 49


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins: Week 49"!  You can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. We post the linky on Friday, so we can all share. The first two fill-ins are provided by my friend and co-host, Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. 

With the A-Z Challenge min full swing, everyone is even busier than usual. We appreciate you being here, as always. Please try to visit everyone on the linky list. Thanks.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate this holy Christian holiday. And, Pesach Sameach to those of the Jewish faith. To everyone, we wish you a beautiful weekend filled with lots of blessings and love.

The questions were fun and a bit nostalgic. Here are my completed fill-ins:

1. An Easter tradition I have is going to the first Mass on Easter Sunday, usually at 6 AM. If there is a sunrise service, it is always my favourite. I can only imagine what it was like to be there when they found Christ’s tomb empty!

                                                                                                source

2. My favourite flavor of ice cream is most definitely mint-chocolate chip. Truthfully, I like almost all ice cream, but I like traditional flavours the best. Mint-chocolate chip is my very favourite.  Of course, all ice cream makes everything better! 


3. One of my favourite Easter memories is a sunrise Easter service that we attended many years ago. We all met at the church, then listened as the scriptures describing the crucifixion were read aloud as we walked to a remote area of the church property. There a large cross stood in the early light of dawn. We all felt the somber aloneness that those did on that first Easter morning so long ago. Suddenly, in the dark chill of dawn, a silent snow began to fall as we stood by the cross. It was a very special, moving moment. Later, the sun came out as the world celebrated the miracle that is Easter.


                                                                                                      source

4. My favourite Spring flower is the volunteer crocus who grows in odd places, with the help of the squirrels. I do love all of the spring flowers, including tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths. In late Spring, I love to see the lily of the valley and smell its glorious, sweet scent. Of course, after that is poppy season! I love them all.


My Spring Volunteers!

~May your Easter bring fun surprises!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments

30 comments:

  1. Sunrise services outdoors on Easter are beautiful. Usually cold, but beautiful.

    The volunteer flowers are the most fun to find, aren't they? Thanks for hosting the Fill-ins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual I love your fill-ins....if I'd filled these in today instead of letting Teddy do it (!), some of my answers would have been very similar to yours. I remember one Easter sunrise service in the 60s when we lived in Taiwan on top of a mountain. The church we went to was up there too within walking distance. We were gathered outside at a huge wooden cross that had been erected for the occasion and just as the sun came up I happened to be in the EXACT right spot for the rays to shine all around the cross like it was on fire - it was so moving I burst into tears. Easter has always been special - I know well the "reason for the season" but deep inside, I turn into a kid every Easter waiting for the Easter Bunny! HAPPY EASTER ANN!

    Love, Pam (and Ted and Angel Sam)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...that is a beautiful memory. *tears* Happy Easter! Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful answers! Our answers to #1 are very similar. There's not much more beautiful than Easter morning Mass. And, I think I'll have to have me some mint chocolate chip ice cream soon. Yum! Thank you for hosting this wonderful challenge. Have a blessed day, and a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you think, my friend. Happy Easter! Hugs.

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful snow picture with the sun "Son" cross in the background, just beautiful. :)

    Have a blessed Easter, Annie. May Our Heavenly Father continue to bless you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you & yours continued blessings, too. Happy Easter.

      Delete
  5. I just love your memory in #3. It sounds so beautiful and moving. I've never been to the early Easter service, but I like the idea of imagining what it was like when the women went to His tomb and found it empty. As always, I love your accompanying pictures. I hope you have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I wonder how those women felt finding Him "gone". The fear must have been overwhelming, but the reality of the miracle was amazing! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  6. Nice! You should look up the ice cream cone eating squirrel. ~grin~ Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers and I love the kitty that puts on the bunny ears- why can't my cats be that cooperative? I am not an early bird, but that mass does sound wonderful. I have always like the Easter Vigil mass even though it is long. I like it because we welcome the new adult RCIA candidates into the church and I used to teach RCIA. I love all Spring flowers too, so nice to see colors after winter.Have a nice weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of yours when I saw this cat & bunny ears! The Palm Sunday Mass makes me cry. The Easter Vigil is long and makes me restless, as I am sure they felt back then...waiting...The Sunrise Mass brings tears of joy & relief! Happy Easter, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. The kitty putting on the hat is so cute. I have never been to an Easter Son Rise service where we did not have a lite rain. To have snow would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow seemed miraculous. It was beautiful.
      Continued blessings to you & Suzanne.

      Delete
  9. Before I started working at the farm, I used to be very involved in the church ministries and one of my most memorable event stands out in my mind.

    I was chosen to be a feet washer on Holy Thursday and as I washed the feet of an elderly man, his feet were so gnarled and I was so humbled by the experience of washing his feet with love. It was so moving to me as I gently wiped his feet dry. This was a most reverend moment.
    Jesus' lesson of being a servant was strong in my heart that day and is still here today...

    I have a serendipity crocus that grows by my big rock courtesy of a squirrel.

    Have a Blessed Goos Friday
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, thank you for sharing this memory. It made me cry because I could feel your humility.
      I love that serendipity crocus, too!
      HUGS. Happy Easter to you & yours!

      Delete
    2. Oops Annie, I came here to read some comments and saw my boo boo. It should be Good Friday, and not Goos Friday. I make so many careless mistakes.
      Julia

      Delete
  10. Happy Easter! Those are all great Fill-ins. Mom and Dad haven't gone to a sunrise service in years. Since she's in choir and does the Easter Vigil the sunrise is WAY to early for her. There are many of them along the beach here.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Easter Vigil is beautiful, but makes me restless. The Sunrise Mass is joyful! HAPPY Easter!

      Delete
  11. What a great meme and adorable video. That cat is amazing. Seems as if you have some really wonderful Easter memories. I hope Bill will be home, and you two make some new ones this year. Sending you best wishes for a blessed Easter as well as hugs, prayers and love. Your friend, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be making a new memory! We are going to an Easter Luncheon. Happy Easter , Sweet Sister.

      Delete
  12. Most excellent answers and a wonderful memory too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Easter memories are just beautiful! The kitty with the bunny hat on is so cute! I used to make costumes for our cats, but they didn't mind. :) Wishing you a lovely Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every week, I'm astounded how similar we are. Not many people know what lilies of the valley are ... but they are favorites - after tulips. I second the vote for mint chocolate chip ice cream too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Easter sun rise services are just the best. Those crocuses are so pretty. It is always fun to see them. Happy Easter to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some of my favorite Easter services was the sunrise service!

    I love mint chocolate chip ice cream, too - it's refreshing and decadent all at the same time! ;)

    The crocuses are gorgeous! Happy Easter to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So enjoyed your Fill-ins, Annie.
    Wishing you and your Family a Happy Easter!
    I forgot about hyacinths... I love their fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great fill in answers. Wishing you a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete