Friday, April 28, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 51


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins: Week 51"!  You can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday, allowing you time to contemplate and fill-in. Please come back on Friday, to link up and share. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. 

The A-Z Challenge is almost over. *whew* It was interesting. I think it helped me with some writing discipline. It helped me sort some things out. It will seem odd to go back to “normal” blogging and writing. I hope that I can continue my focus on discipline. In the coming months, I plan to use some ideas that came to me in moments of inspired clarity. Thanks for being a part of my journey.

As April showers bring May flowers, I wish you all beautiful weather in which to make memories. I also wish you plenty of time to have fun!

The fill-ins are thought-provoking this week. I look forward to your answers.

1. A book I would like to see made into a movie is The Stranger in the Woods, by Michael Finkel. This is an amazing book about a man who walks away from the world to live alone in the woods. Finkel discusses issues (such as autism) that could cause someone to choose this isolated lifestyle. For nearly thirty years Christopher Knight survived by stealing only what he needed from the nearby community. This is his story, but also theirs.


2. If I could afford a billboard, it would say Be the change you want to see!” I think this billboard would cover a wide array of people and issues. If each of us took positive action to actually change the things we feel are wrong, then we could and would make a real, tangible “safe place” for everyone. We could call it “Earth”.


3. I have a hard time with people who care only when it is convenient or conducive to their own agenda. I find them insincere and untrustworthy. Just be honest; that is easier to respect.



4. I really enjoy watching Bill play (lead) guitar. Forty years ago, when we first met, he was playing his guitar. I was amazed; and to be honest, I still am! He has extraordinary creativity and skill. He can read music, but he can also easily pick up what he hears. I am in awe of his talent and his gift of music. I am thankful that he shares it, too.



~Fill your life with what you love!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments

19 comments:

  1. We do need to change ourselves before we ask others to change and show real concern. Often the people who want to fake concern for their own reasons are the ones who want everyone else to change for them.

    What is it about men playing guitar? Sweetie has also been playing for over 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on (almost) finishing the A-Z challenge!
    Playing the guitar is fabulous - I wish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I love your fill-ins. Your answer to #2 is one of my favorite sentiments, and you explain it so well. Bill sounds like a fantastic musician. It takes true talent to do what he can. Thank you for hosting these fun fill-ins each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers and fun graphics!! Mom is always in awe of folks with great musical talent!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know that book, but sounds good.

    I love your saying: Fill Your Life With What You Love.

    Have a great day and weekend.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you say about you say about your husband! Great answers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your answers this week. I have that book on my to read list. Excellent billboard choice. I agree, we should all speak the truth, I never could understand the point of lying. I hope to hear Bill play the guitar someday. I have zero musical ability, I tried to learn to play the piano and I learned to read some of the notes, but just couldn't time things properly even after practicing with a metronome. Have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does your husband have any video online? I'd love to hear him play. Great answers, all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super duper fill-ins! Love the graphics as always especially the little guy playing guitar! I admire musical talent - I took piano lessons for three years at the insistence of my Mom....not exactly what I would have chosen to do with my after school time when I was a pre-teen...but it DID teach me a sort of discipline which I'm sure I carry at least PARTIALLY (!) to this day.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those were wonderful and we love the guitar kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a very interesting book! There is one in our stack to be read and reviewed that is about a lady that left the city to go live in the woods with her animals. If I remember right from the description, she and her husband rescue animals. I can't wait to get to that one. I'll have to look up the book that you have mentioned.

    Insincerity is something that I don't like either. A bad truth is better than a lie, I think. I wouldn't want to think that someone liked me when they didn't and maybe make a fool of myself along the way.

    How blessed Bill is to have the gift of music and you are to get to experience it. :)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pictures, as always. Music is a great talent to have. Your Bill sounds like my friend Tony. He used to break out his guitar all the time when we had a break at school. He would play and entertain us. He became a preacher. I can only imagine how great his services must be. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I started learning to play guitar and my daughter borrowed it for a party and while they went out, someone broke into the apartment and broke all three guitars. I never bought another one and never resumed learning playing my Yamaha guitar. Both my mom and dad and several of my brothers played guitar. Life got too busy.
    You're lucky your man plays guitar. I hope you sing along.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, Annie your fill-ins are thoughtful and inspiring. Every girl falls in love with a lead guitarist, but few get to marry one. The guitar playing kitty cracked me up. I have not heard of that book, but it sounds quite interesting. "Inspired clarity!" Good for you. I am rarely inspired any more, and as for clarity. I'm pretty sure that isn't possible. Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always, your answers resonate with me, Annie! I said, Yes!" out loud when I read your #3. And #2 ... that would be one awesome billboard, with deep meaning for everyone who was open to it. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds like an interesting book. I will definitely check it out for my summer reading list. ~Island Cat Mom

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried to play the guitar in high school... I guess I didn't try hard enough... :) I found the drums and that worked. My Mom was not so happy. There is so much heart and soul in music.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Annie, I enjoyed your fill-in responses, especially your billboard and your request for people to be honest in number three. Would life be grand if more people would do both?

    ReplyDelete