Tuesday, April 11, 2017

(In the Arms of the) Angel


Spend all your time waiting
for that second chance
for a break that would make it okay
there's always some reason
to feel not good enough
and it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
oh a beautiful release
memory seeps from my veins
let me be empty
oh and weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of the angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort here

So tired of the straight life
and everywhere you turn
there's vultures and thieves at your back
the storm keeps on twisting
you keep on building the lies
that you make up for all that you lack
it don't make no difference
escaping one last time
it's easier to believe
in this sweet madness oh
this glorious sadness that brings me to my knees

In the arms of the angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort here
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort here

~Sarah McLachlan

This is a very personal Lifeblood Song. I believe in angels. I know in my very soul that they exist. Angels have been there for me in the darkest moments of my life, from very early childhood. I have no doubt there have been many times that they rescued me from situations, other people, and even myself. I believe angels were there for me when no one else was. I found some comfort there. I hope you do, too.

"For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." ~Psalm 91:11


My Lifeblood Songs: I

16 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely song. It's perfect in the movie "City of Angels", to which I bought the soundtrack immediately after finishing my first watch of the film. ~grin~ Seriously, I drove out and bought the CD at KMart. Happy blogging!

    http://darlamsands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you connect with this song, for whatever reason. It is a good song.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite song. I believe in angels too. I remember when I has a complete mastectomy, my grown son came to visit me in hospital and said to me, "Mom I lend you my guardian angel to keep you safe and I'm being very careful so I don't get hurt and in everything I do" He obviously believes in angels too.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, I am sure the angels watch over you. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. One of my favorites, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty song. We believe in Angels too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are guardian angels, and i hope mine is on duty now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many kinds of angels, just as there are people. They each have a purpose, just as we do.

      Delete
  6. I love this song and all her music, she has an amazing voice. I always think of the SPCA ad when I hear this. You are an angel Annie. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my friend. I believe you are an angel. Truly. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Annie, this is one of my all time favorite songs. Can listen to it over and over again. You know that I believe in angels. Sending prayers, love an hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, angels are real beings! I have no doubt of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, I love this song! It's just beautiful, isn't it? Thanks for sharing and for visiting my postArt Sketching Through the Alphabet Letter "I" yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I hear this song on the ASPCA commercials, I get choked up and have to wipe away a tear.

    ReplyDelete