Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Just Breathe


Yes, I understand
That every life must end
As we sit alone
I know someday we must go

Oh, I'm a lucky man
To count on both hands
The ones I love
Some folks just have one
While others, they got none

Stay with me,
Oh, let's just breathe

Practiced are my sins
Never gonna’ let me win
Under everything
Just another human being

Yeah, I don't want to hurt
There's so much in this world
To make me believe

Stay with me
You're all I see

Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool, you see
No one knows this more than me
And, I come clean

I wonder every day
As I look upon your face
Everything you gave
And nothing you would take
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave

Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?
Or, if I didn't, I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me
As I come clean

Nothing you would take
Everything you gave
Hold me 'till I die
Meet you on the other side

~as sung by Willie Nelson & Lukas Nelson 
(originally written by Eddie Vedder)

Willie Nelson is an essential figure on my life's soundtrack. I love many of his songs and have seen him in concert multiple times. This is such a special gift between Willie and his son, Lukas. I believe this song can speak for many kinds of deep relationships. It is so profound in its timeless wisdom. I can relate in my own way, making it is an important Lifeblood Song.


My Lifeblood Songs: J

15 comments:

  1. Great lyrics! We often do forget to just breathe. Thank you for sharing

    J is for Judgement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, Willie Nelsen is an excellent song writer. As a singer, I prefer his earlier works. "Just Breathe" is new-to-me and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Willie tends to get a little too twangy at times but this one just felt more folksy sounding which I what I liked about it. Thanks for sharing and please JUMP over to look at today's edition of Art Sketching Through the Alphabet Letter "J" when you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Willie because he is genuine. He is who he is. This is exceptional. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. They sounded great together and I find that Lucas almost sounds like his dad. I enjoyed listening to this song. Every time you post a song I go read up on the biography of the singer. I didn't know Willie was married 4 times. It must be tough to keep relationships in good standing when on the road all the time.
    Thanks for this video Annie.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Lukas sounds like Dad. They are very close, too.

      Delete
  4. Nice!

    http://darlamsands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Pix. I am not surprised you like this one. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Great choice, I like Willie Nelson too, but never got to see him in concert. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy him live. He has a natural, comfortable delivery. He makes it feel like it is a group of friends. xo

      Delete
  7. Hi Annie, As I did not grow up with country music, I never really developed a taste for it; though, I love the stories it tells. Though, I didn't know this song, I can truly relate to it. Thank you for sharing. I'll be sad when this challenge is complet. Sending all my love and prayers, Janet. p.s. How is Maggie doing??

    ReplyDelete