Saturday, April 15, 2017

Morning Has Broken


Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the world

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight
Mine is the morning
Born of the one light Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

Morning has broken

~Written by Steven Curtis Chapman, Eleanor Farjeon 

My faith in God is as old as I am. I cannot recall the moment that I believed; I have always believed. I have never doubted God's existence or His fundamental role in my life. Life has not been easy, but through God's grace, my faith remains steadfast. The timing for this Lifeblood Song is perfect as we celebrate Easter. Christ has risen, just as it was promised. Allelujah!

My Lifeblood Songs: M

25 comments:

  1. I've always loved that song, still do, particularly the Cat Stevens version. A very happy and blessed Easter to you all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings back memories. At my youth church camp the staffers would wake us up each morning playing this very tune. I seem to recall bedtime rewarded us with Simon and Garfunkel.

    http://darlamsands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect The Sound of Silence was for night-time.

      Delete
  3. It's a beautiful song, and i pray you have a blessed Easter. He is risen, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful song... Cat Stevens a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful.... Morning Has Broken is a hymn we often sing in our church this time of year. It's a beautiful hymn and a perfect choice for your A to Z challenge. You always chose the right stuff.
    Blessings this Easter vigil.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. This is popular at our church, too. It is perfect. Blessings to you & yours!

      Delete
  6. That is one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful song, by another favorite of mine, so very touching. May your Easter be filled with love and joy. Hug your critters for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you & yours, Karen! Hugs to all.

      Delete
  8. We really like that song too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful song. That was one of the songs we chose for our wedding. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie, this is indeed the perfect song for Easter. You are giving me a new appreciation for some old songs that I have always loved. Cat Stevens was one of my favorite artists. Happy Easter with love and prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cat; always have. This one just resonates. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. p.s. I just told Alexa to play songs by Cat Stevens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that song. I chose it for a beautiful morning landscape I posted on FB and I was told my pedigree by someone who does not like Christianity,

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a nice song. Have a blessed Easter, all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect for this Easter Sunday - He is risen!! :)

    ReplyDelete