Monday, April 17, 2017

No Time


On my way to better things
(No time left for you) I found myself some wings
(No time left for you) Distant roads are calling me
(No time left for you), da da da da da

No time for a summer friend
No time for the love you send
Seasons change and so did I
You need not wonder why
You need not wonder why
There's no time left for you
No time left for you

On my way to better things
(No time left for you) I found myself some wings
(No time left for you) Distant roads are calling me
(No time left for you), deh, deh, deh, deh, deh

No time for a gentle rain
No time for my watch and chain
No time for revolving doors
No time for the killing floor
No time for the killing floor
There's no time left for you
No time left for you

No time for a summer friend
No time for the love you send
Seasons change and so did I
You need not wonder why
You need not wonder why
There's no time left for you
No time left for you

No time, no time, no time, no time
No time, no time, no time, no time
I got, got, got, got no time
I got, got, got, got no time
I got, got, got, got no time
No-no-no, no-no-no, no time
No-no-no, no-no-no, no time
I got, got, got, got no time
No-no-no, no-no-no, no-no-no,
No-no-no, no-no-no, no-no-no, no time
I got no time, got no time, got no time, got no time, got no time
Got no time, got no time

~Written by Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings

I have always felt The Guess Who were genuine. They resonate. With that in mind, there is little speculation about this Lifeblood Song. It is basic. I do not want to waste my time here on earth. If things are not healthy, or if they are tumultuous, I have no time. I do not like confrontation. If I cannot resolve a misunderstanding, I will leave it. I do not want to be a part of hurtful things. I have had to find wings and leave painful people and situations behind me. I have chosen distant roads, those less traveled, to find what really matters. I have had to change my ways for better ways. I know that time is of the essence here on earth and I refuse to waste it. "On my way to better things...No time."

My Lifeblood Songs: N

15 comments:

  1. I always loved this song! Now it is running in my head like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, and Beth Ann. ~grin~ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent choice of both music and attitude. Spend your finite time on things that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your choice of music really reveals that you do a lot of soul searching. I remember that song but never paid much attention to the lyrics until now.
    I used to listen to it along with all the other songs and I think I paid more attention to the music and less to the words.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. EXCELLENT CHOICE FOR N ANNIE....EXCELLENT !!!!! ♥♥♥ HOPE EVEREE ONE HADA BURD FREE HAPPEE EASTURR ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice choice, I never really thought about the meaning of this song before. I avoid confrontation too, so many more important things in life. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an old favorite! I still love to listen to these songs on our oldies station or Sirius. Back in the day I associated this song with the breakup of a relationship. It didn't go much deeper than that for me then. But I love the words. CH and I have talked so much about tunes. For him it is all about the tune and the beat, he says he doesn't listen to the words. The tune is important for me of course but the words are everything in a song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Refusing to waste time has become very meaningful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Guess Who. Burton Cummings has one of the best voices. ~Island Cat Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great old song from childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've picked lot of songs I have on tapes & CD's. Memeories !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I feel the same way ... I just don't have time for negativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. After some of the things you have shared with me, Annie, I understand why this resonates with you. It does for me as well, as it represents the courage it took for me to dump my mentally and physically abusive college boyfriend. It's a great song for a graduation. Love and hugs for you my friend, Janet

    ReplyDelete