Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Put a Little Love in Your Heart


Think of your fellow man, lend him a helping hand
Put a little love in your heart
You see, it's getting late, oh, please don't hesitate
Put a little love in your heart

And the world will be a better place
And the world will be a better place for you and me
You just wait and see

Another day goes by, and still, the children cry
Put a little love in your heart
If you want the world to know, we won't let hatred grow
Put a little love in your heart

And the world will be a better place
And the world will be a better place for you and me
You just wait and see. Wait and see

Take a good look around and if you're looking down
Put a little love in your heart
I hope when you decide kindness will be your guide
Put a little love in your heart
And the world will be a better place
And the world will be a better place for you and me
You just wait and see
Put a little love in your heart
Put a little love in your heart

~Written By: Jackie De Shannon, Jimmy Holiday, Randy Myers 

This song speaks to my heart and soul. Instead of protesting everything that you do not like, instead of judging those who are not like you, instead of throwing tantrums or pity parties: Actually do something good for the world! There are positive things that we can do to change that which we find unacceptable. This video perfectly illustrates the lyrics to this Lifeblood song. Be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~Gandhi


My Lifeblood Songs: P

15 comments:

  1. I remember that song very well as it spoke to me and even more today... The world is indeed in great need of love. I echo what you said.
    Love and Peace and Hugs my dear friend.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one's been around for a while! Jackie DeShannon was a great singer. I also like her "What The World Needs Now Is Love."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I haven't heard "What The World Need Now Is Love" in forever. Thanks for mentioning it. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice choice. I love this song, it was used in the movie Scrooged and was most appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindness works better than yelling, honey catches more flies than vinegar. A good song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song! So glad that you stopped by my page so that I could also learn about yours. I'd like to encourage you to participate in a battle of the bands blog hop that takes place twice a month. It's super easy. Pick a song, find two covers (or pick a theme with 2 songs) and have everyone vote for their favorite of the two contenders. If interested, check out our ringmaster/fearless leader Stephen's Blog. We would love to have you join us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I approve of your comment - a pitch for BoTB to my dear friend, Annie! :) Whoo-hoo!

      Delete
  6. AMEN! Great choice, Annie. Sending you lots of love, hugs and prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all the cat images scattered around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always liked that song. Great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that song.

    Donna Smith
    Mainely Write
    Q?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie,

    We all need to put a little love in our hearts because it definitely would make the world a better place. You're so right, if we get off our high horse when others don't agree with you and treat them with kindness then much more is accomplished. Unfortunately, our society is breeding a society of misery people who are quick to judge, snap, and slap mentality. Great song!

    Thanks for visiting my "P" (princess & prince)post on Curious as a Cathy! ;)

    ReplyDelete