Thursday, April 20, 2017

Question


Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door
With a thousand million questions
About hate and death and war?
'Cause when we stop and look around us
There is nothing that we need
In a world of persecution that is burning in its greed

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door
Because the truth is hard to swallow
That's what the war of love is for

It's not the way that you say it
When you do those things to me
It's more the way that you mean it
When you tell me what will be
And when you stop and think about it
You won't believe it's true
That all the love you've been giving
Has all been meant for you

I'm looking for someone to change my life
I'm looking for a miracle in my life
And if you could see what it's done to me
To lose the love I knew
Could safely lead me through

Between the silence of the mountains
And the crashing of the sea
There lies a land I once lived in
And she's waiting there for me
But in the Grey of the morning
My mind becomes confused
Between the dead and the sleeping
And the road that I must choose

I'm looking for someone to change my life
I'm looking for a miracle in my life
And if you could see what it's done to me
To lose the love I knew
Could safely lead me to
The land that I once knew
To learn as we grow old
The secrets of our soul
It's not the way that you say it when you do those things to me
It's more the way you really mean it when you tell me what will be

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door
With a thousand million questions
About hate and death and war
'Cause when we stop and look around us
There is nothing that we need
In a world of persecution that is burning in its greed

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door

~Written By: Justin Hayward

From the moment we are born, we question what we see, hear, think, and feel. It is part of being human: to question. We question others and often, even ourselves. Sometimes we find questions that have no reasonable answers. Yet, even when knocking on a door that seems to go nowhere, we continue to search. Because that is integral to the human condition. "I am seeking; I am striving. I am in it with all my heart." ~Vincent Van Gogh

 My Lifeblood Songs: Q

18 comments:

  1. These questions are neverending. But then, what is life if we do not question the purpose of life? Loved your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I think it's good to be quizzical but doubtful questioning can be destructive. Of course, it's good to always question oneself if the answer is for self improvement. I think I question others more than I do myself because I don't know what's going on inside another person's mind and I can't see in their heart, so I question the intent. That's not necessarily a bad thing because that just means I have my guard up and won't be a sucker. Good post for the letter "Q".

    Today’s Art Sketching Through the Alphabet illustration is of the Evil QUEEN from a classic children’s fairy tale.

    ~Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, questioning is part of the human existence. We are expected to learn from it.

      Delete
  3. Questioning is part of our humanity. Seeking knowledge and learning and evolving is the essence of life. When we quit doing that we are complacent and done with the vitality of living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, well said. I agree with you. It is what makes us human.

      Delete
  4. I can't recall ever hearing this song, maybe I heard it and didn't like the erratic music and turned the radio off as I was driving.
    I agree that we need to ask questions, sometimes it's the only way we'll get answers. I for one, tend not to ask many question except if it's about something I'm passionate about. With today's technology, I rather do research on the internet. So I'm wondering the difference with questioning and researching as they both leads to the answers.

    Have a great day today.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, I agree: this musical piece is frenetic. It is not Moody Blues' best work in that regard. However, the lyrics are important, which is in keeping with my theme. (The letter Q is not easy!)
      That being said, I agree with you on "questioning". I believe you are questioning when you do your own research. I think in many ways that is more agreeable and satisfying. I often find people who rapid-fire questions rather disagreeable. I do not do that, because I do not think we can know everything. Nor do I think we are meant to, especially when it invades someone's privacy or space. HUGS!

      Delete
  5. Nice choice. The older I get, the more questions I have. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have SO MANY questions! ;-)

    I've not listened to this one yet (the spousal unit has 24 on the TV) but I love the words to it so much that I've added it to my 'Thinking Positive' playlist for our upcoming frozen embryo transfer.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  7. great choice today annie; haven't heard moody blues in forever...time for a visit two itunes ! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Growing up didn't bring the answers i thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We get used to questions from children, but we really need to continue it into adulthood. That lifelong learner thing is so valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I broke a lot of guitar strings playing this one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Moody Blues are one of Tom's favorites. I'd never really listened to them before I met him. They have such haunting melodies and lyrics that really make one think. I hope to never stop asking questions. Sending lots of prayers, love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tend to not question things as much these days... I get bogged down. But I am still learning every day... happens right here in the streets of blogland and in real life.

    ReplyDelete