Saturday, April 22, 2017

Simple Man


Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Baby, be a simple kind of man.
Oh won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you, my son,
Is to be satisfied.

And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Baby, be a simple kind of man.
Oh won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

Boy, don't you worry.
You'll find yourself.
Follow your heart,
And nothing else.
You can do this,
If you try.
All that I want for you, my son,
Is to be satisfied.

And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Baby, be a simple kind of man.
Oh won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

Baby, be a simple, be a simple man
Oh, be something you love and understand
Baby, be a simple kind of man

Songwriters: Ronnie VanZant, Gary Robert Rossington 

The person in my life who sat down and taught me the important lessons was my Grampy. He was, indeed, a simple man. He was my role model of what a man should be. But, Grampy also taught me what I needed to do to be a good woman. The important things are essentially the same. I took Grampy very seriously, and I continue to honour the lessons he instilled in me. His wisdom and his love for me will be with me forevermore. I have been blessed. I sought and found a man very much like Grampy. This Lifeblood Song pays tribute to Grampy and men like him, including Bill.  

My Lifeblood Songs: S

12 comments:

  1. Loved it.. be the simple kind of man.. a very crucial message that we miss giving out these days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a world filled with such simple men, and women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good choice of song. I have never heard this one before today but it has some good advice. I love it.
    Thanks Annie.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like your Grampy was a wonderful man, I am glad you had him in your life. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good song with a life lesson. Grampy was a blessing to you, and your love and admiration for both him and your hubby shine through your post.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved this song. Thanks for sharing it. I've enjoyed your song choices in this challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I married a simple man in all the best ways. He is good and kind and patient. He is a lover of cats so he has to be a good guy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "And don't forget son,
    There is someone up above"
    Always helpful to remember...

    Donna Smith
    Mainely Write
    SPILAGE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I super loved it.Such a beautiful read.
    Thanks for sharing

    A Peice Of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie, How sweet! My grandpa was a simple man, too. He was of good moral and spiritual character. In fact, he was an old-time preacher - lead by the Holy Spirit to share the gospel. It was through his exemplary life and tenderness that a seed was planted in my heart for Christ which later was harvested in July 1976. Have a blessed week and I thank you for visiting, Art Sketching Through the Alphabet “S” (Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs). I hope you'll decide to play along with the BoTBers on May 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie, ir seems I have gotten behind in reading. Please forgive me. It sounds as if you had a special relationship with your grampy. Grandparents are special, and I was lucky to have a terrific grandfather as well. Sending lots of love and hugs. How's Maggie after her vet visit? XO, J.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a beautiful song! Love this post! Thank you for sharing :)

    Tropical Colours

    ReplyDelete