Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Uncloudy Day


Oh, they tell me of a home far beyond the skies
Oh, they tell me of a home far away
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day

Oh, the land of cloudless day
Oh, the land of an unclouded sky
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day

Oh, they tell me of a home where my friends have gone
Oh, they tell me of that land far away
Where the tree of life in eternal bloom
Sheds its fragrance through the unclouded day

Oh, the land of cloudless day
Oh, the land of an unclouded sky
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day

Oh, they tell me of a King in His beauty there
And they tell me that mine eyes shall behold
Where He sits on the throne that is whiter than snow
In the city that is made of gold

Oh, the land of cloudless day
Oh, the land of an unclouded sky
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day

Oh, they tell me that He smiles on His children there
And His smile drives their sorrows all away
And they tell me that no tears ever come again
In that lovely land of unclouded day

Oh, the land of cloudless day
Oh, the land of an unclouded sky
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day

~As sung by Willie Nelson, 
Adapted from the song “Unclouded Day”, by Josiah K. Alwood

This is rooted in my Southern Baptist upbringing, and attending church with Grampy. It is an integral part of my faith. The words of this Lifeblood Song speak the truth as I know it, deep down in my soul. There are storms, but storms never last. Hope and faith tell me that when all is said and done in this life, there will be an Uncloudy Day. I believe.

My Lifeblood Songs: U

12 comments:

  1. great song.

    Dropping by from the A to Z Challenge
    http://www.notesinabook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such an uplifting song. Your dogs and cats are amazing. They looks so lovely. Delighted to be visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to it with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an uplifting message. Thanks for sharing!

    http://darlamsands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice choice. I believe too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dude sure knows how to sling a lyric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also one of my favorite hymns! Like "He Keeps Me Singing" and "Victory in Jesus".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know this song, but the lyrics are great! Thanks for sharing, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie,

    Listening to "Uncloudy Day" after many years reminds me of my parents and grandparents singing it in church when I was little. I'm thankful for my gospel grassroots deeply seeded by those who loved me. Thanks for bringing back such warm memories!

    Art Sketching Through the Alphabet "U" (Unicorn)
    ~Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just dropping by. I'm wearing an orthopedic boot. Tried to chase my cat. She won!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great hymn and I enjoyed Willie singing it.

    ReplyDelete