Thursday, April 27, 2017

We May Never Pass This Way Again


Life, so they say, is but a game and we let it slip away.
Love, like the Autumn sun, should be dyin' but it's only just begun.
Like the twilight in the road up ahead, they don't see just where we're goin'.
And all the secrets in the Universe, whisper in our ears

And all the years will come and go, take us up, always up.
We may never pass this way again. We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.
Dreams, so they say, are for the fools and they let 'em drift away.

Peace, like the silent dove, should be flyin' but it's only just begun.
Like Columbus in the olden days, we must gather all our courage.
Sail our ships out on the open sea. Cast away our fears
And all the years will come and go, and take us up, always up.

We may never pass this way again. We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.
So, I want to laugh while the laughin' is easy. I want to cry if it makes it worthwhile.
We may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you.

'Cause, you make me feel like I'm more than a friend.
Like I'm the journey and you're the journey's end.

We may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you, baby.
We may never pass this way again. We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again. We may never pass this way again.

~Written by: William Lobban-Bean, Richard Andrew Conte, & Shiben Bhattacharya

As a teen, this song spoke to me of making memories while I was young. We had no idea where life would take us, but we knew where we were right then! Everything had brought us to that moment in time where we faced our future; we were right on the edge of it all. Now, I look back and I see a life lived with everything I had. I did it with all the joy, all the sorrow, all the in between emotions that life gives and takes. I know more than I did then, but I know the lasting truth of this Lifeblood Song, too. We may never pass this way again. And, I am not through, yet. 

My Lifeblood Songs: W

7 comments:

  1. Annie,

    This song is a lesson to live life to the fullest because we might not have another opportunity.I like the line..."So, I want to laugh while the laughin' is easy. I want to cry if it makes it worthwhile". Great song!

    Art Sketching Through the Alphabet "W" (Walking Dead & Waves). Happy a2zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one son I remember. It reminds me of my daughter Nicole, living her life to the fullest where ever she went. She made friends all over the world and now all we have of her are the memories and legacies.
    Thanks for the song.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every minute is its own, we don't pass the same way twice, even if we go to the same physical places. An excellent song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent choice for W annie; will have to catch up next week for the XYZ; am offline til monday....this song has entered my mind on more than one occasion during the past few years when visiting someone, or some place ~~~

    as da tabbies say...happee week oh end two all ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice. I have always liked this song too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. This song so takes me back on this Friday afternoon and it fits circumstances in my life right now. You know Annie your choice of Lifeblood Songs has sure stirred up my heart. College, my junior year, and if ever a song was the heart and soul of my life that year it was this one. Amazing how these songs take me back just like I was there... Friday afternoon, classes over and so many emotions and decisions. Excellent song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely excellent selection, Annie. I remember this song fondly and feel so fortunate to have so many years that have come and gone. As you know, I have been researching my classmates for our 50th reunion. One passed less than a year after graduation from wounds received in the Vietnam War. It breaks my heart. Hope you are feeling better now that the weather is warming up. Love, prayers and hugs to all, your friend Janet

    ReplyDelete