Sunday, April 30, 2017

Zorba's Dance


Movie Synopsis: In the movie, Zorba the Greek, English author Basil travels to Crete. He plans to look into an abandoned mine belonging to his father. While in Crete, Basil meets the Zorba, man who is passionate about living life to the fullest. Zorba tells Basil that he has was once a miner. He then joins Basil on this journey to find the mine. Once in the village, Basil finds himself attracted to a young town widow, while Zorba develops a different relationship with the woman innkeeper there. But, things go horribly wrong. It is then that Basil learns an important lesson from Zorba about enjoying life, no matter what.
~with Alan Bates & Anthony Quinn

I felt this was a great way to end My Lifeblood Songs. This A-Z list focused on lyrics to convey the message of living life with meaning and love. This is the stuff of which memories are made. Remember: live honestly, love deeply, laugh heartily, and dance like no one is watching. Godspeed!

My Lifeblood Songs: Z

13 comments:

  1. Ah, Anthony Quinn. What a delight. Congratulations on your success, and thank you for taking us on this wonderful journey through song. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to finish the challenge, Annie. We've loved following this musical journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it so very well Annie. Congratulations.... Zorba The Greek would approve of your choice. Brilliant. Thanks for the pleasure of following you on this little musical trip.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a fun way to end the challenge. Thanks for sharing so many interesting and meaningful songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to end the challenge. Well done for making it to the end. :-)

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  6. An excellent Z, and well done on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a good one for the letter Z! Z End!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, of course, know this song, Annie, but can you believe I have never seen this movie? I enjoyed this trip through your Lifeblood songs. I learned more about you, my friend, and enjoyed some songs I hadn't heard in a longtime. Sending lots of prayers and love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen this movie, I will have to see if the library has it. I forgot to do my Z today, it will be in tomorrow's post. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your last paragraph made me cry! But a good cry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie, this is unbelievable! You're the second person to feature this film and mewsic. Crazy, right? I had not heard of it before Debbie The DogLady's Den shared it. Great advice on how to live, my friend! I got the dancing down pretty well. :) Hugs to you!

    Art Sketching Through the Alphabet “Z”

    ReplyDelete