Friday, May 26, 2017

58 Things

Today I am 58. With that in mind, I was challenged to share 58 things about myself. (Thank you, La La in the Library.) Since I don't celebrate my birthday, I thought this might be an interesting way to reflect. I did put a lot of thought and feeling into this project. So, in no particular order, I share these fifty-eight things about myself. 


1. I was born at 12:01 A.M. 

2. I am an old soul. 

3. I am a first-generation Northerner. 

4. Growing up, I went to eleven schools. 

5. I am a realist.


6. I have an acute, often dry, quirky sense of humour.

7. I often use my sense of humour as a defense mechanism.

8. I am a voracious reader. 

9. I have arachnophobia. *augh*

10. I have severe claustrophobia.

11. I come from a long line of storytellers. I use mine for good, though.

12. Writing is how I sort through thoughts and feelings.

13. Without cats and dogs in my life, I feel incomplete.


14. I converted to Catholicism at age 18.

15. I contemplated joining a convent.

16. I believe in the supernatural and mysteries of faith.

17. I am a Peanuts fan, especially Snoopy and Woodstock.

18. I wear blue jeans (exclusively).


19. I wear a lot of tie-dyed clothing.

20. I am a Muppet fan, especially Kermit.

21. I love to fish on a lake.

22. I have a solid moral compass.


23. God is my anchor, always.

24. I was in ROTC for four years (and excelled).

25. I have handled and used an M16 rifle.

26. I am a lifelong Bette Davis fan.


27. I was a vegetarian when I was ages 17-20.

28. I am completely at home with nature.

29. I choose words carefully because of their power.

30. From early childhood, I have been very intuitive.

31. I withdraw when I feel overwhelmed.


32. I believe in karma.

33. I did not cry as a child because I saw it as a weakness.

34. I love and use old rosaries.

35. I have witnessed the magic of the Aurora Borealis.

36. I believe there is hope in a sunrise.

37. I think a sunset is proof of survival. 


38.  I believe in divine providence.

39. Autumn is my favourite season.

40. I feel God in the stars and moon.

41. I believe in angels. 


42. My favourite days are cool, cloudy, and rainy.

43. I feel a deep respect for trees.

44. Clouds inspire me.

45. I both love and fear storms.


46. I first drove a car when I was twelve years old.

47. I got my driver’s license at age twenty.

48. I was a passenger in two near-fatal car accidents, at ages 18 and 19.

Age 20

49. I am an incessant deep-thinker.

50. I love flowers, bees, and butterflies.

51. I am more comfortable with animals than I am with people.

52. I have had exotic pets, but do not advocate owning them. 

53. I know I am a dork and am fine with that. 


54. I have a very active inner child.

55. I am a very private person.

56. I love the colours green and blue.

57. I have an exceptionally good memory (a blessing and a curse).

58. I am an active hugger. *Hugs*



~Thank you for being here today!~ 


27 comments:

  1. Annie I hope your birthday was fabulous.....you are a lady who is comfortable in who she is and where she's going which is more than MANY ever discover. I absolutely saw myself in many of your 58 things - I am NOT sure I could complete this challenge on my next birthday as I will be 70 then and that's a LONG list! Happy Birthday Friend.......

    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I am not really surprised that you saw yourself in these. I am glad, though. I hope you do that list! HUGS.

      Delete
  2. That is an excellent list...and what an interesting way to observe your birthday! I see we have several things in common (Muppets, Snoopy, general dorkiness). Even though you don't celebrate your birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday!!! I love this list and learning more about you. I am also pleased that I knew many of these things already because you are my friend. Also pleased we have so many of them in common. I collect rosaries, that is the one item I like to have of my loved ones who have departed. I have my maternal grandma's, Dad's and my great aunt's rosaries. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. XO and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I collect rosaries, too. I love to find old ones. You are blessed to have those loved ones. I have Bill's mom's rosary, as no one wanted it. One sister is estranged; one is no longer Catholic. Thank you for being my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Even though you wrote that you don't celebrate your birthday, happy birthday anyway! I hope you day is amazing, is wonder-full.

    The list is great, what a neat thing to do on one's birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I hope you do this, too. HUGS.

      Delete
  5. Whaaaat?! It was your birthday and I missed it - so sorry :(

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, Annie!

    I love your list of 58 things, you are very unique (in a good way!) - stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. I appreciate you very much. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your list was great and now you can just add one more each year. Happy Birthday from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday dear Annie. I wish I was 58 years old. I'm going on 71 and I find the time is going way too fast for me. How did i get so old?

    A great list and I share a lot of things on that list.
    Hugs, Julia
    Can you tell I'm a hugger too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are forever young, my friend. Your tappin' toes prove that! We are sisters. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Annie!

    We have many things in common, almost half of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I enjoyed reading this list! We indeed have some things in common. I love learning more about blogging friends.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not surprised that we have so much in common. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Wishing you many happy returns of the day! And yes, Kermit is the best Muppet, hands (or should i say flippers?) down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that you've had a happy birthday so far, Annie.

    We have a lot of things in common.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! We share a few traits (#5, 6) and are opposites on a few. I've never owned anything tie-died!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I have lots of tie-dyed stuff. It is my trademark.

      Delete
  13. Wow, Annie. That was GREAT. We have lots in common! After reading your things, we love you even more than before. :)

    Happy birthday, dear friend. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annie, I am so sorry I missed this the day you posted it. I am ridiculously behind doing anything that requires me to be on-line. Happy belated Birthday. I think you should celebrate. Every year is a milestone that adds to your life. I am tickled to know that Bill was home with you. We have so many things in common but probably just as many things that make us different. We are all unique and deserve to be celebrated on our special day. Here's to you my friend. I love you, and I hope you can forgive me for getting her so late. XOXOXO Janet πŸŽ‚πŸŒΈπŸ’–

    ReplyDelete