Friday, May 12, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 53


Welcome to another fun-filled week, as we begin our second year! Thank you for being here. As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. Then, on Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. 

I hope you have been able to visit here this week. If you did, then you saw one thing that the A-Z challenge inspired. Bill is actually doing an A-Z song series! It is from a musician’s viewpoint. Please stop by and check out his song list. I am really excited about him sharing music that he loves.

Bill has been playing guitar since he was eight-years-old. Since he is home on weekends, he is able to play music out more often. This is wonderful for him, as well as those who hear him play. I hope to get some videos of him playing. Once I can master that, I will share here.

If you are blessed to have a mother, please appreciate her this weekend. If you are a mother, celebrate yourself in some way. Mothers who care and are there for their babies are priceless. I wish everyone a weekend filled with love and loved ones.

The fill-ins were thought-provoking. Don’t you agree? Here are my completed fill-ins:

1. My favorite cereal is any granola and dried fruit cereal. Muesli is raw; granola is baked. I prefer the grain and fruits baked. I like this as a snack, too. We always get the plain, unsweetened cereals. George, who loves Cheerios, hates the granola cereals.


2. My prom was a non-event, for me. Both Junior and Senior year, I turned down prom dates. I had gone to several military balls, so prom seemed anticlimactic. I have no regrets. I have always been a “no fuss, no muss” girl. I still am. We must each dance to our own music.


3. The funniest thing about George is the way that he walks.  It is like watching John Cleese. Sometimes he walks with his head really high and takes long, exaggerated steps. Sometimes, he is really loose and steps outward, side to side. When he runs, he literally jumps and kicks off of things to get height and distance. He did these things as a kitten. We thought he would outgrow this, but he will be two-years-old in a month. He has perfected these into his own Ministry of Silly Walks.


4. I cannot help decide or control other people’s actions, but I can decide and control how I respond. Once I learned this, I realized how powerful this simple truth is to my spirit. 


~May you always have reasons to dance!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments

23 comments:

  1. Honey bunches of cwap...hahaha, MOL I adore your cartoons.

    Thank you for the chuckles, Annie

    Shoko and Kali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitty images, so cute! I especially enjoyed the first kitty, with the bowl of cereal. It reminded me of the time our Angel Xerxes wanted David's plate of cheese. David wasn't going to let him have it, so Xerxes put his paw in it, like, "Do you STILL want it, Daddy?" :) Thanks for the smile.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your filling in today Annie as usual...I totally agree with Shoko and Kali about your "visuals" every week - I love them all AND they always fit your fill-ins so well! Thanks for another fun Friday.

    Love, Pam (and Teddy too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. George sounds like he's going to be a Peter Pan cat, like our Link. He's five and still acts like a kitten.

    You are correct that the only person anyone can control is her/himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Fill-ins. We always enjoy your graphics too. You find the purrfect ones every week!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fill-ins are always so fantastic to read. Though I did go to a few, I never really enjoyed nor understood the hype of school dances. And I had to laugh at your comparison of George to John Cleese - priceless! And what a perfect answer to #4. Thank you for hosting this wonderful challenge each week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny about George and his silly walks! And your images of dancing cats and kittens are especially inspired this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right about #4. I'm continually reminding myself of that one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always find the cutest kitty photos to accompany your fill-ins. Great answers,that is good that your favorite cereal is healthy and not pure sugar like mine. You need to get some videos of George walking in addition to Bill playing guitar. I completely agree with #4, the only thing we can control is our own feelings and responses. Have a wonderful weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed all the questions! Kitties are always so cute!haha the dancing cats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. #3 is hilarious and I totally agree with #4.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm right there with you - if I'm going to eat a grains and fruit cereal, I much prefer them baked vs. raw.

    Love all your answers - and especially love the accompanying kitty funnies! ;) Have a great weekend - and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When we adopted Bear Cat, my ex-husband and I couldn't help laughing at his strut - when he's doing it 100%, he looks like a streetwalker showing off the merchandise. Even stranger is that he isn't confident in much - and it skittish ... but somehow he's got the confident-looking stride down :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to see George on video doing his crazy walks. I had a white cat I called Missy because she walked like she was wearing high heels. Her hips had that girly sway when she walked.

    I eat cereal that doesn't contain any soy by products. I have to read the labels. I sweeten my cereal with raisins.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annie, I am totally with you on #1. George sounds so funny. I always know which kitty is approaching just by the sound of their individual walks. Cooper Murphy is totally bow-legged in the back, and he looks so funny when I watch him walking from the back. Sending you lots of love, Janet You and Maggie and Chloe Jo are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheerios are good. They help clean out the arteries. Grits is/are a cereal,too. I love me some grits. Suzanne says I eat them yankee style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. George is a character! Cheerios seem to be popping up a lot! I am going to have to remember "doo dah day"... Love it! I am having a doo dah kind of day... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I regret I haven't been able to join the last two weeks due to work. I like your style on “no fuss, no muss”. I'm like George. I like Cheerios and don't really like granola.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely agree about the responding to people's actions and comments. I need to work on that. I always over-react and respond too quickly when I should just be quiet.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I LOVE the dancing kittens.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Monty Python cat! Great fill-ins. Way to go, Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We like your fill in answers. But we LOVE the pics and graphics that go along with them. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your answer for number four is so true. And so powerful. It's something we try to remind ourselves about every day. I LOVE that George has not outgrown his silly walking styles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. George certainly is a character, and has character.

    My only thought for the fill-ins was My prom involved a big, pink dress.

    ReplyDelete